Booklet folding adjustment xerox

S

SE Printer

I apologise if a post has already been created about this issue!

We have recently got a booklet making unit on our versant 80 and can't seem to grasp how to adjust the booklet folding adjustments. We have followed the on-printer instructions and also instructions found online. But they seem to be very .... shallow!

I need in lamen terms a helpful guide or explanation.

Looking to fold 11 sheets. Go into booklet fold adjustment and this is where there has been issue. one set of instructions it appears as though I should be measuring a 2 sheet stack then measuring a 15 sheet stack. Get those printed then measure them input the values etc and then the machine with adjust between. however i go to print the 15 sheet stack after i have printed the 2 sheet stack and the machine won't print. it says can only fold 31 pages????

Further down the instructions it says ' when you want to specify number of sheets separately, use the variable sheet booklet option' .......

Am I still using the 2 sheet stack option with the variable option OR do i just jump straight into the variable option of how many sheets I want fold??

Have tried numerous times and simply can't get the hang of this!

any help would be appreciated.

p.s. have managed a max of 4 pages NON stapled to be folded correctly.

We used to have a Xerox 700i with a Booklet Maker on the end of it. When there was a problem with the Booklet Maker we would call the Xerox Technician in to fix it. The techies would pull their hair out rectifying the problems, but they always seemed to get a workaround or get it fixed until it happened again and again. One of the biggest probs was the Square Edge finisher trimmer. It would never trim square. We were on our 3rd Square Trimmer after only 3.5 years with the 700i. From memory stock thickness played an important part with the Booklet Maker. There was a guide to say how many sheets of a certain thickness could be put through the Booklet Maker and from memory as soon as you went over 80gsm stock thickness the number of sheets reduced dramatically that the folder could fold. But there's always a workaround. The main reason we didn't go with a Versant 80 was the peripherals were the same as what was on the 700i and we had so many problems with booklet maker, folder, stapler, the square edge trimmer and paper feed pickup. The 700i engine was good :)

Thanks for the reply! We will have a little experiment with the paper stock at the moment we have just been adjusting for when we have a job! we have to trim off machine as our booklet finished down't have the trimmer! Otherwise its been finished, including folding and stapling off the machine. Have a tech guy coming in soon so will ask him!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back