Booklet With Bleed; KM C6500

JohnT

Hello All - Here is the situation:
I have a 16 page self cover booklet that I want to print. I would like to print this on (4) 4 page signatures on a 9x12 sheets, fold them in half to 9x6, staple, and then off line perform a 3 knife trim so the finish size is: 8.50x5.50" (there is artwork bleeds involved).

>>>Does anyone know how to do this on a Konica C6500 with a booklet maker?
I am told that this to be done on a 11 x 17 sheet. This seems like such a wast of paper. Help!!

You can only saddle stitch a standard size of 8.5 x 11, 8.5 x 14?, 11 x 17 or 12 x 18. How many?

We were looking to print 300+
You would think there would be some kind of a work around to be able to do this....

I hear you!, I haven't found one. 300 would waste a little paper and if there's no ink on the fold that would crack, it might be worth it to do on 11 x 17 and hand off to bindery to 3-knife.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back