Business Card cutter

Jonathan Trimble

Does anyone know of a good, robust cutter? We have used a Morgana but it seems to be a toy and not up to the volume we put through.

We use a Sunrise Super slitter for our thermography cards and 1-2 color printed cards, it gives 12 up, no bleeds. really happy with. it. There could be a set-up to cut cards with bleeds as well I think.

Buisness card cutter

Buisness card cutter

I have been lookine at those machines for a few month, and also at Drupa.

I need one that can take SR A3, plus i want top cut our small postcard orders too. I have found that those two here is not very good.

1: Card Cutters, Slitters, Zip Business Card Cutters Caslon Ltd The Z 21 series are not very accurate, and not fully automatic adjust. (seen and tested at drupa)

2: the morgana buisness card cutter seems like a old machine, and generally morgana seems like a lot of noisy parts for little work. It is expensive and not very adjustable. (seen and tested in Denmark)

That leaves me with two options.

1: Duplo DC 645 (seen and tested in Denmark)
2: Uchide Aerocut Quattro (seen and tested at drupa)

They can both adjust to all from buisness card, A5, A7, A3 or whatever you like.
The Duplo seems like a stronger machine, but is already 5 years old, and you need fo physicaly remove the buisness card module when you cut everything else than buisness card.

Ths uchida is brand new, have a plugin for illustarator. Saw it at drupa and its very nice. The Uchida is not avaible in denmark, because "Pitney Powes" are the dealer, and they prefer their Morgana models.
I would prefer the Uchida, but I have the option of buying one with no guarantee in UK or Germany, or get a Duplo in denmark.

Both machines is around 35.000 EUR.

Let me know if anyone else have done some resarch in this.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back