Buying new stuff. Buttt......

Packin'JP

We are installing a new workflow and purchasing many news things. One of those purchases is a new Mac with all the software needed.
Problem:
The workflow to be installed does not support Acrobat 9. Only 8 for now. The workflow doesn't work without it.

My questions are:
Can I purchase CS 3 or 4 and also install Acrobat 8 on a new Mac? Would it be better to purchase Illustrator3 (4) and Indesign3(4) and Acrobat 8 seperate? Are there compatability issues between CS3 and Acrobat 8? Will Acrobat 8 work on a new Mac?

OR

Do I have to continue to use my old G5 with Acrobat 7 installed, until they support Acrobat V9?
Then I can use my brand new Mac. HUhhhh..

My install happens in 2 weeks and i need to get ready.

I actually just learned i can purchase V9 and install it on the older V8 license key, and when "I" could support V9, upgrade with the new license.

Is this possible?

EDIT: Just spoke with Adobe.

This is not possible anymore unless you want to purchase a volume of Copies. Even then you are buying V8 license and when you want to install V9 pay for the upgrade anyway.

Thanks

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back