C6500 solution book

UberTech

Hi,

I have had a few request for my solutions book. If you own a c6500/c6501/c5500/c5501 and would like some hints and tips to get the best out of your machine please email me at u8ertech at gmail.com.

I won't share your email and I won't charge for this. Please keep in mind this is only my own observations and does not form any part of Konica Minolta support at all. I can not offer any firmware, software or hardware.

If you don't own a KM please don't email as you will be asked to prove your ownership.

Last edited:
I don't own any of the mentioned KMs (only have an old 350 B&W) but I think that's a brilliant move on your side UberTech and I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from that. Well done!

Hi everyone, I just have a bit more editing to do, sorry, should have it to you by the end of the weekend.

Fiery Rips

Fiery Rips

I am looking in to purchasing a Bizhub Pro 6501, but I'm concerned about the rips, I am new to digital printing but have a commercial printing shop. Will the embedded fiery handle most jobs, or do I need to go to the external fiery? The internal rip doesn't seem to have trapping, is this necessary for color print jobs on a digital printer. What are the other factors to consider between the basic rip and the other external rips. There is about a $7,000 price difference between these 2 options.

I am looking in to purchasing a Bizhub Pro 6501, but I'm concerned about the rips, I am new to digital printing but have a commercial printing shop. Will the embedded fiery handle most jobs, or do I need to go to the external fiery? The internal rip doesn't seem to have trapping, is this necessary for color print jobs on a digital printer. What are the other factors to consider between the basic rip and the other external rips. There is about a $7,000 price difference between these 2 options.

I have had machines with internal Fiery Controllers before, I would HIGHLY recommend going with the external rip, you won't regret it.

Those who have sent me an email with the required validation should have a copy of the tips. If you haven't please email me and let me know.

If you are in a print-for-pay industry, the internal fiery is a big NO. It is way too slow.

I would go for the professional one.

Also the embedded one does trapping, but you can't configure it out as you prefer.

Most important difference is in ripping speed and color management. On the PRO, you can create as many calibration tables as you want and associate them to output profiles. The embedded just have 4 tables and this is a limit in handling different papers and setting (glossy on/off, image enhancement, etc.)

Could anyone tell me what the function is of the optional 4x40gb harddrives on the C6501, and when do you need it?

Hard drives are only used for photocopying off the glass.

So, if you don't have the document feeder, then you don't need the HDD's? I'm currently negotiating for a 6501, and they have it configured with the doc. feeder, and the 160 GB HDD, but I think we'll be picking up a second machine for copy / small print work.

Thanks!

You don't have to have HDD to photocopy. The amount of originals the machine will be able to scan in copy mode is greatly reduced however, like single digits.

Thank you for sending the book.
The Firmware version of the 6500 is the G-60.
Will I need that version to enable the function which appears on page 4 of the book?

thanks

Thank you for sending the book.
The Firmware version of the 6500 is the G-60.
Will I need that version to enable the function which appears on page 4 of the book?

thanks

Yes, but your service guys need to activate it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back