C75 is it worth buying for production??? Is Konica Minolta 1070 better?

buckeyewta

We are debating installing a new C75. I know a lot of people on here have them so was hoping for some feedback good or bad. Or volume is currently approx 40K per month and growing, We do a lot of saddle stitched books so the ability to print books on 100# cover is a major draw to the C75. We also looked at a Konica Minolta C1070 which appears similar to the C75. The 1070 had major streak issues when we looked at the one on their demo floor. The fact that Konica has a machine leaving streaks on their demo floor kinda threw up a red flag to me. The C75 is also a couple hundred per month less on the lease and almost a penny per click cheaper. Any input is welcome.

We are debating installing a new C75. I know a lot of people on here have them so was hoping for some feedback good or bad. Or volume is currently approx 40K per month and growing, We do a lot of saddle stitched books so the ability to print books on 100# cover is a major draw to the C75. We also looked at a Konica Minolta C1070 which appears similar to the C75. The 1070 had major streak issues when we looked at the one on their demo floor. The fact that Konica has a machine leaving streaks on their demo floor kinda threw up a red flag to me. The C75 is also a couple hundred per month less on the lease and almost a penny per click cheaper. Any input is welcome.

Hi
Not sure who carried out the demonstration or where but the Konica Minolta 1070 is a fantastic digital press and we have installed many. Yes I am from Konica Minolta and would be pleased to help in anyway I can. Would you.like us to contact you directly and discuss your experience?

We just replaced the 700 with J75. About same quality. The best thing I can advise is if you are doing any large quantity books, do the finishing offline. Its fine for quick proofs. Thats what we use the J75 booklet option in our shop.

We installed a C75 at the end of June, so far so good. It does nice job on color and registration on the Auto-duplex, which goes up to 110# uncoated cover i think. Faster than the 700 that it replaced for 100#gloss cover. We have the decurling unit with our unit and it does a nice job on signle sided work.
Bottom line is service. You can replace most parts on your own but you will eventually need service, the xerox techs in our area are very good.

I just had a 1060 installed and so far I'm really impressed. It's not auto duplexing quite as good as I know it can but I haven't really got into making adjustments yet but the print quality is top notch. In fact I'm shocked at how perfectly it just did a set of business cards on 350gsm uncoated litho stock that had a very pale green tint to the background.

The only thing I'm a bit sad about it that the toner is more glossy than my old C5501 which was perfect for printing on silk coated paper.

I have aC6000 and a Xerox 1000 with all the bells and whistles. Print quality on both are pretty darn close. The only problem I have with the KM is there high capacity paper deck goes through clutches about once a month and out stops feeding.

We just had our C75 installed in June (upgrading from a 252) and that auto-duplexing of all weights is probably the best feature. We do a lot of coated card stock (100lb and 120lb), post cards and business cards. And with the tighter registration we now run our business cards 24up. Used to run them 12up on the 252 on a 9 x 12 sheet. Speaking of which, so I don't look like a Xerox Kool-aid drunkard, one complaint I have is the machine seems to have trouble with registration on short stock (feeding from the long edge) especially when it is an odd size' like 9 x 12 or a #10 envelope (feeding from the bottom edge, flap open).

Been averaging 43,000 impressions a month and it doesn't even sweat.

I agree with what the other Keith said. We have a C75, that we have put 1,000,000 large clicks on in 8 months. It has been extremely reliable, and has only been shut down overnight one time, and that was a bad board in the finisher.

Keith

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back