Calculating new cure from calibrated press

yesname

I have made a complex Excel worksheet for calculating press calibration curves (TVI) for any standard, but I do not know how to correct these curves from target printed with the calibrated curves. Can anyone tell me the formula?
Eg. First time measured 70% where should be 60%. Calculated the right value for getting 60% after printing, but I would like to measure that print and correct the original calibration curve if something is changed meanwhile. (Sry for my english.)

If I understand your post correctly, it sounds like you need to apply a mirror image of your press curve to the data (imagine taking the press curve and mirroring it around the 45 degree axis line that a perfectly linear curve would be).

You can do this in Excel with the lookup function. Create a column of all input values and an adjacent column of all output values. The lookup function can find a given value in one of the columns, and return the value in the adjacent column. It even works for values that don't exist because they've been skipped over in the curve (I think it finds the closest value in the lookup column and returns the same value as if it exactly matched that row).

or - you might consider buying something like SpotOn!

or - you might consider buying something like SpotOn!

I am not a reseller of this product

I would like to suggest that *it might be a little more complicate than that* to do what you are thinking - that is, I am not sure if this will really give you the results that you require.

Shop SpotOn!

Hope this helps !

( or at least, help you learn about a few other thing you might need to consider and calculate, and get feed back with )

I have made a complex Excel worksheet for calculating press calibration curves (TVI) for any standard, but I do not know how to correct these curves from target printed with the calibrated curves. Can anyone tell me the formula?
Eg. First time measured 70% where should be 60%. Calculated the right value for getting 60% after printing, but I would like to measure that print and correct the original calibration curve if something is changed meanwhile. (Sry for my english.)

This post explains how you build calibration curves correctly: Quality In Print: The principle of dot gain compensation plate curves

It's basically a LUT (look up table) rather than a formula. It may be possible to make a formula to do the job but my math skills are very poor.

best, gordon p

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back