Can you print a mirror image from Command Workstation 6.5 on the Ricoh 7110

rcreveli

I searched the Fiery help files & mirror is supposed to be in the "Layout" tab, It's not showing as an option on our RIP. We have a VI job that needs to print wrong reading. We'll be outputting the PDF files from Fusion Pro.

Thanks,
Ray

I searched the Fiery help files & mirror is supposed to be in the "Layout" tab, It's not showing as an option on our RIP.
I don't have a Ricoh, but on my Fiery, it is under the layout tab, called "Flip". However, I noticed that feature is not available for imposed jobs. If that is your situation, the workaround is to save it as a new flattened PDF instead of a .dbp file. (I have CWS 6.3)

Last edited:
I thought that there used to be a mirror or flip option in CWS, but now I can't find it on any of my machines. I have a Xerox V80, Konica Minolta C3080, Ricoh 8220 and a Ricoh C7100.
I have the latest CWS version though. Maybe back tracking to CWS 5 or 6 instead of 6.5 might still have it? Or it might not be an option in the newer machines.

If it's not in command workstation you could look at the postscript print driver.

Last edited:
Install the Postscript driver for your particular Fiery and file/print your PDF from Acrobat. You'll find the "Mirror" option in the layout section.

That works. Here are some screen shots from a mac, you can print from any program, and do it, I can't test on a PC right now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 7.53.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 7.53.02 AM.png
    307.9 KB · Views: 616
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 7.52.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 7.52.50 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 387

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back