Canon C7000VP vs 6000VP

Brukvoed

Hi,

Can anyone tell about the difference between Canon 7000VP and 6000VP, please?
They seem to be identical at the first glance.

Thank you

As far as I know it would be the speed 70ppm vs 60ppm. More than likely they slowed the 7000VP down to make a more "economical" version.

Someone else may better know though, hopefully they will chime in.

That's how I understand it the 7000VP (70 ppm) and 6000VP (60 ppm) don't slow down for weights while the 6000 does. The price drops on each one as you move down. I don't know for sure but you may be able to write Canon a check later on and upgrade the machine with their magic code. These can be done on other manufacturers products such as a iGen 90 and and i-Gen 110.

Craig is correct.

There are 2 versions of the 60 PPM unit. The 6000 and 6000VP

The VP version has the second fuser that allows 300gsm at full rated speed.

The "regular" 6000 does slow quite a bit on heavier stock, however it is a lot less money.

You're right, PineyBob. However, the non-VP version of the 6000 also has two fusers. The differences between the C6000 and the C6000VP are electrical requirements (and speed, as stated before).

So, if you plugged the 6000 into 3 phase 208, would it go faster :D

Just kidding! ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back