Canon C750 - Uneven Magenta Ink Lay

OUPrint872

Anyone seen this? Canon cannot figure out it out. Any Canon techs out there?

We have a Canon C750, less than 30K on it . On magenta ONLY, we are getting a distortion line (lead to tail) down the sheet. Tech has replaced developer/housing, image drum, transfer roller with no change. No other colors are being affected, but all the imaging parts for that color has been replaced and are new. Problem still persists. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Mag_Issue.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone seen this? Canon cannot figure out it out. Any Canon techs out there?

We have a Canon C750, less than 30K on it . On magenta ONLY, we are getting a distortion line (lead to tail) down the sheet. Tech has replaced developer/housing, image drum, transfer roller with no change. No other colors are being affected, but all the imaging parts for that color has been replaced and are new. Problem still persists. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Has the laser/laser window been checked for dirt on it?

printing656 - I uploaded an image to the original post.

DYP - Every image component has been replaced with new and the machine is clean as a whistle.

Everything has had a new swap. They even brought a (known perfect) image belt unit in and it still happens. Tech's are baffled because it not the known issues.

No change, original equipment or new.

Note: CYK are perfectly clean. Only M is the problem.

Last edited:
If all Magenta imaging parts have been changed making no difference then software needs to be looked, but I am assuming that there is a uniform density routine and I would have thought it would have been run and or reset back to default and run. I also assumed you have ruled out paper.

Does the line go to edge of paper (Beyond the white border)? If so, you've got bad charge on the drum, or a malfunctioning LED/ROS driver. I'm referring to the dark line 1/4 of the page from the Right Edge. Above is assuming top of image is either LE/TE

If R side of image is LE/TE, it looks like you might have harmonic banding, which would point to dev HVPS for that color. Hard to see with glare in the photo

Last edited:
Canon tech came in with a new High Voltage Power Supply Board. They also changed out the Magenta drum again. Problem is fixed!

Tech's theory is that this Canon engine uses the magenta leg as its reference color and the drum kept getting the brunt of the improperly operating HVPS.

"SOME GUY" was spot on. Thanks folks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back