Canon C9075, has anyone had any positive experience with these machines?

I have seen other older threads about this machine. I was wondering if anyone's had any positive experience with it?

We started off with a C7065 about a year ago, and it didn't work out well. Due to our lease, we had to stick with the same company and they "upgraded" us to the C9075.

I run postcards, flyers, brochures, business cards, etc. It has a lot of paper jamming issues. Coated stock just doesn't seem to feed correctly no matter what I do. Even uncoated stock for that matter. I set it according to what I have been told by the service guys and that doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone had any luck with this machine? Any particular paper brands that work well with it?

Sorry nothing good to report here. Not just the feeding and jamming but bad colour consistency too. Machine is billed as light production, light being the operative word. Kind of like light beer, sort of tastes the same but doesn't quite do the job.

Good Luck.

J

Hi,

This machine is outstanding. It is very user friendly. The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 PRO/C9065 PRO systems will transform the way you work. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 PRO/C9065 PRO models deliver speeds of up to 75/65 ppm for letter-sized documents in black-and-white and up 70/65 pp, for letter-sized documents in color, respectively. Designed to satisfy the specific needs of corporate in-house print facilities, commercial on-demand print centers and design afencies, these digital color printing systems provide outstanding value in every way.

I almost went for a 9075 but, at the last minute, I changed my mind and went for a KM 6501 pro.
From what I heard, I think I did the right choice.
I have over 700,000 colour clicks and 200,000 black in the last 18 months.
It realy gave me what I expected.
I run anything from 20 lb bond to 12 pt coated with no problems.
I produce over 2000 saddle stitch booklet with 40 to 64 pages every month.
Flyers, folders on 200M gloss stock
I even print enveloppes from time to time with personalization.

If I can kill that machine, I will go for the KM 8000 without hésitation.

PS: No, i'm not a KM rep. i'm just a satisfied user.

Danny.

Thanks for the responses.

Still waiting for the service rep to return after 2 days of waiting. I can run the thing, if I use PLAIN 24 lb paper. Runs just fine with that.

Or if it does run a nicer stock it double feeds. No jams, just a run of 10-up business cards, and upon cutting them I discover that the stack is riddled with blank ones...

I know, I know, I should of fanned the stack to check, but alas I thought since there wasn't a jam it was fine.

4 more years on this contract, yikes.

Nancy

Enveloprs

Enveloprs

I almost went for a 9075 but, at the last minute, I changed my mind and went for a KM 6501 pro.
From what I heard, I think I did the right choice.
I have over 700,000 colour clicks and 200,000 black in the last 18 months.
It realy gave me what I expected.
I run anything from 20 lb bond to 12 pt coated with no problems.
I produce over 2000 saddle stitch booklet with 40 to 64 pages every month.
Flyers, folders on 200M gloss stock
I even print enveloppes from time to time with personalization.

If I can kill that machine, I will go for the KM 8000 without hésitation.

PS: No, i'm not a KM rep. i'm just a satisfied user.

Danny.

How do you get envelopes to run have tried no luck!

How do you get envelopes to run have tried no luck!

you kind of have to trick the settings little bit, tell it that its a different paper weight than what it actually is, and then they'll only run through the high capacity trays (if configured) or through the bypass tray if not (assumption on the bypass-not configured with it). straight path.

ZeeBee is right, I run it through drawer No. 5, not more than 200 piles.
You do have to trick the setting but not that much.
If you stock is 4 mil thick, on an enveloppe there are 2 layer of paper so, you set it as an 8 pts.
Put the air setting at strong, not ''auto''.
I was never able to run 9 x 12 or 10 x 13 envelopes without the ripple.
But A6, A7, no problem
#9 and #10... 1 out of 4 has a ripple.
I would probably have no ripple at all if I was to remove the finishing unit when I run envelopes but since it's not a big run, I let it go just like that.
I saw a video on YouTube showing this 6500 running envelopes without the finisher.
The envelopes were faling right back in the box, sitting on a chair at the exit.

One important note, do not use the cross back envelope.
Use only the D.D.S. (double side seem).
Also, make sure your supllier bring you strait, flat & square stock.

Well, that's my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Danny.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back