Can't print to the right edge on Docucolor 242

jonmck

I am not looking to print ALL the way to the edge, but I can print almost to the edge of the page on the left and top edge of the page. On the bottom and right side of the page, there is a lot more of a white space than on the left or top. What do I need to change to allow it to print further to the right? The image that I send to the printer from InDesign get cut off some on the right side of the page. THANKS!

You need to look at your 242 specifications, there is more than likely a non-printable margin and it may or may not be equal.

your machine is probably not aligned correctly, that's why you see a larger white space on one edge vs the other.

I don't think you can do what you are asking.

If your machine gets aligned correctly, you should see an almost even white space on all 4 edges. On the DC242, lead/trail edge deletion is 4mm, and side edge deletion is 3mm.

I remember using a 250 and getting the same thing. That said I think your maximum image size per the dimensions of the sheet of paper is probably going to be the same no matter how "even" the white borders are. If you are trying to get bleeds then what you need to do is just print on a large enough sheet of paper to where you can trim it to whatever final size. For example to get 11x17 with full bleeds you'll have to run on 12x18 and trim all edges to size.

Also InDesign default page layout to print is top left as per most litho press requirements. Try making sure you are using "centre" page layout to print. No commercial printer will print to edge - you get dirty folllowing pages!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back