Carbonless Problems on Xerox...

kdw75

I am trying to print a carbonless job on our C75 and after about 50 sheets the toner starts coming off in the solids and re-depositing down the sheet, similar to a ghosting effect. We are using Specialty Papers carbonless that plainly states it is for digital use. Any suggestions? Really don't want to have to put this job on the press. It is two sided, though the problem only shows up on the side with a couple small solids that have reversed out type.

If you're trying to use offset carbonless then that's your problem. Appleton Superior brand for example uses oil / solvent based chemistry and isn't compatible with xerographic devices. Appvion as they're now called has a line for digital printers called Xero/Form. Xerox will probably want you to buy their carbonless but the Appvion works reasonably well in Ricoh printers.

Sorry, missed what you said about using Specialty Papers. There may also be advanced paper settings that you can use in terms of fuser temp, voltages etc that could help.

Sorry, missed what you said about using Specialty Papers. There may also be advanced paper settings that you can use in terms of fuser temp, voltages etc that could help.

The machine was just installed a few days ago, so I am not too familiar with it yet.

I am tempted to pick up some of the Xerox brand if I can find it at a local store and give that a try.

We were able to run any brand / type of carbonless, by just adjusting the speed and fuser temp. Accomplished on the xerox by choosing a the thicker paper options. Just go up a paper setting until the problem stops. You will loose speed , its a trade off.

You probably won't find any Xerox branded stock in a store. Just do what Printing Fools suggested and pick a weightier paper.

My tech told me not to run NCR in a Xerox. Ever. It leaves junk on the rollers and elsewhere. But when your boss tells you to...

Never tried digitally duplexing carbonless, regardless of the paper manufacturer. I could be wrong, but, isn't the back side chemically treated so as to produce the copy of the writing to the 2nd sheet when someone writes on the front of the 1st sheet?

Best Regards

-MailGuru

Never tried digitally duplexing carbonless, regardless of the paper manufacturer. I could be wrong, but, isn't the back side chemically treated so as to produce the copy of the writing to the 2nd sheet when someone writes on the front of the 1st sheet?

Best Regards

-MailGuru

Yep. One sheet is coated on the front and the other on the back.

I will give the hotter fuser setting a try.

You need to adjust your heat. Whenever we have toner not sticking it's because the machine is not the right temp for the paper. For us, turning up the heat is usually the right way to go, we never go below the default temp for the paper weight.

Also when the tech says "don't run this or that" it's because he doesn't want to deal with it. You should run whatever the hell paper you want and if it gunks up the machine well too bad, thats the kind of thing that keeps the tech employed.

Stepped up the paper weight by one notch and all was well. Thanks for the help everyone.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back