Xerox Versant 280 consistent colour?

NorwoodPress

So I was running a small A5 postcard job on 350gsm silk, one side had a solid blue coverage with photo and text and the inside was plain white with just small text. I ran 200 sheets and noticed when cutting that the blue had changed colour about halfway through and then reverted back.

Has anyone else ever had this issue with the Versant not keeping consistent colour? Is this normal behaviour? Or do I need to set something up ?

Are you sure it reverted back mid run or did the pile just get split and maybe order changed?

I've had colour shift before on our v80 but I don't remember it going back. I'd generally have to recalibrate. Not common by any means so I don't remember the cause, I'd be thinking drum or developer change.

If it's a standard stock profile maybe make a custom one to get the image transfer settings bang on, that may help if it was just an environmental change.

So I was running a small A5 postcard job on 350gsm silk, one side had a solid blue coverage with photo and text and the inside was plain white with just small text. I ran 200 sheets and noticed when cutting that the blue had changed colour about halfway through and then reverted back.

Has anyone else ever had this issue with the Versant not keeping consistent colour? Is this normal behaviour? Or do I need to set something up ?
The Xerox Versant 280 is a digital printing press designed for high-quality and high-volume printing. Achieving consistent color output on any digital printing device, including the Xerox Versant 280, involves several factors and considerations:
  1. Color Calibration:
    • Digital printing presses like the Versant 280 often come with built-in color calibration tools. Regularly calibrating the device ensures that it produces consistent and accurate colors over time.
  2. Color Management Software:
    • Utilize color management software to maintain color consistency across different print jobs. This software can help adjust color profiles and settings to meet specific requirements.
  3. Paper Quality:
    • The type and quality of paper used can affect color output. Ensure that you use recommended or compatible paper types for the best results.
  4. Regular Maintenance:
    • Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for maintenance. Regular maintenance, including cleaning and replacing consumables, contributes to consistent performance.
  5. Workflow and File Preparation:
    • Consistency in color output begins with how files are prepared. Use proper color profiles, resolution, and settings during file preparation to ensure that the digital press interprets and reproduces colors accurately.
  6. Environmental Conditions:
    • The operating environment can impact color consistency. Maintain stable temperature and humidity conditions in the printing environment to minimize variations in color output.
  7. Profiling and Testing:
    • Create color profiles for different media types and regularly test the printer's performance using color charts. Adjustments can be made based on these tests to maintain consistency.
  8. Firmware and Software Updates:
    • Keep the firmware and software of the printing device up to date. Manufacturers often release updates that may include improvements to color management.
  9. Professional Assistance:
    • If color consistency remains a challenge, consider seeking assistance from professionals, including color management experts or the Xerox support team. They can provide guidance tailored to your specific requirements.
It's important to note that achieving consistent color may require a combination of the factors mentioned above. The specifics may also depend on the version of the Xerox Versant 280 you are using and any updates or features introduced after my last knowledge update in January 2022. For the most accurate and current information, refer to the device's user manual, documentation, or contact Xerox support directly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back