Versant 280 Registration

It's the react digital as well that we use from antalis. I also use the giroform recollated stuff and don't seem to have that problem. We are up in the North west
Oh right, we buy ours from Premier Paper in SRA3. We did use to use Giroform on our old C60 and that was fine. But the Versant 280 doesn't seem to like it. I did also try using Eurocalco Digital from EBB Paper, but again had issues with feeding it from the trays. The only issue I have with Reacto is the middle sheet, whether this is because its coated on the front and back, but sometimes it does like 5 sheets and it stops, then another time it can run like 50 sheets before stopping. But very interesting that you are experiencing the same issues. We are based in the East Midlands.

Have you guys tried cleaning the registration sensor just before the 2nd BTR?
Yes I always clean constantly under the sensor, majority of the time it's pretty spotless anyway. I think if the machine could have some kind of side lay to knock up to instead of relying on a sensor to detect the sheet, it could improve registration accuracy. But I'm no engineer, I assume there must be a reason they don't do this in digital printing :(

Oh right, we buy ours from Premier Paper in SRA3. We did use to use Giroform on our old C60 and that was fine. But the Versant 280 doesn't seem to like it. I did also try using Eurocalco Digital from EBB Paper, but again had issues with feeding it from the trays. The only issue I have with Reacto is the middle sheet, whether this is because its coated on the front and back, but sometimes it does like 5 sheets and it stops, then another time it can run like 50 sheets before stopping. But very interesting that you are experiencing the same issues. We are based in the East Midlands.
To be honest I have never paid attention to which sheet is off, but thinking about it, the top sheet is always 'fine' and then the other sheets are off to varying degrees and wandering all over the place. Luckily the alignment isn't that critical so I just live with it but it would be nice for it to be right. I can get the react from Rosefox and its exactly the same. The tech did mention to try a different paper type/weight on the machine to find one where it's less noticeable but it's all trial and error

When you say the image size kept changing, do you mean as in registration or the whole artwork moving on the sheet? Its just that I've noticed that when I do NCR Carbon paper, I seem to see it keep moving from the edge of the paper.

Basically the image length would be changing, so sheet 1 image might be 420mm in length then next would be 423mm then back to 420mm, just kept enlarging then shrinking like a yoyo during the run.

We run Reacto on our V80, I had been using Giroform and then just after covid it starting marking the transfer belts, I know a few people this happened to. Had to call Xerox out to replace/clean the belt. Switched to Reacto and stopped happening.

I find small movement on ncr in general, I just put it down to how light it is. Overall I find it acceptable for even tick box registration on the forms.

Yes I always clean constantly under the sensor, majority of the time it's pretty spotless anyway. I think if the machine could have some kind of side lay to knock up to instead of relying on a sensor to detect the sheet, it could improve registration accuracy. But I'm no engineer, I assume there must be a reason they don't do this in digital printing :(
That's what Canon does on their equipment. I'm not sure why it's not common in other vendors.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back