CD102s 6+lylx when was anilux introduced

Newaz

hi...so we are kinda new to the UV section ...and our press is going for CD102s +lylx machine built in 1994...we want to start off with a older machine and then gradually want to go for better machine....i had a question .... whats the possibility of a 1994 CD having anilux rollers? our job requires anilux rollers ....i have attached a picture of the machine....but not sure if this will have what we are looking for .

Attachments

• 01_43955_CD102SLYLX.JPG
    01_43955_CD102SLYLX.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 138
Unless the previous owner had someone like Harris and Bruno install an anilox modification, this press will have a conventional aqueous system. I'm not sure when Heidelberg changed over, but it certainly wasn't until after 2000.

can someone please explain how much of a difference it is to run anilox rollers vs the conventional?

i prefer an anilox system hands down over a roller coater. Anilox is a no fuss system that sets up quick with no slinging or buildup problems as long as unit is kept clean and maintained. The only benefit to a roller coating system is its ability to vary the volume of coating applied, with a simple speed or metering adjustment. An anilox system will require changing the roller to one with a different cell structure which can be expensive.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back