CGATS21_CRPC3 V2.icc and GRACoL2013UNC_CRPC3 V2.icc profiles slightly differents

Colorblind

Hi, I just noticed that even though both of these profiles from IDEAlliance are labeled as "CRPC3 v2", these 2 profiles are slightly different. Anyone else noticed? Am I missing something?

Hi,

what are you missing, V1´s or an exact equal separation style?

just to increase confusion:
The CGATS21_CRPC3 V2.icc and the GRACoL2013UNC_CRPC3 V2.icc are both ICC Version 2.1.0
and the GRACoL2013UNC_CRPC3.icc is an ICC Version 4.2.0

I don´t know what CRPC3 means, didn´t find apporopriate information in a quick search, so i am just guessing that that is a characterisation dataset/electronic datasurce, like the characterisation dataset FOGRA39 is the same basic datasource for building the profiles CoatedFOGRA39.icc from Adobe and the ISOcoatedv2 from the ECI.

May be i´m wrong, but if that is the fact, than there is no reason for wondering about differences in separation style, because why should one of them be an exact copy of the other?

In the CGATS black starts at 10 and the GraCoL at 16 as to see in colorthink

GraCoL vs CGATS CRPC3 neutrals.png

Ulrich

Thanks, Stephen,

so, i think i was not wrong, but the characterisation data set CGATS21-2-CRPC3 is PC3 (Printing Condition 3), for an example an other characterisation set is FOGRA52, but that is PC5: https://www.fogra.org/index.php?menuid=316&downloadid=960&reporeid=225,

both are already mesuared with M1 Filter, but the FOGRA52 is PS5 / Printing Substrat: Wood-free uncoated, fluorescence high (with a less b-value - Lab 93.50 / 2.50 / -10.00 - to respect more the influence of the OBA´s in mostly papers compared with the ISO 12647-2:2013 with Lab 95 / 1 / -4).

May someone explain the difference between Wood-free uncoated (PS5 + PC5) and Universal Premium Uncoated (PC3, but not PS3)?

Ulrich

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back