Change - PlacemultipagePDF script in InDesign CS4

TheDeputy

I have a PDF that has been cropped. I would like to use the Place multi page PDF script to place all pages into InDesign.

The problem I have is that the script places the the pages into InDesign using the media size and not the cropped size.

Can anybody help with a solution.

Thanks in advance.

TheDeputy

You may have more luck if you are Mac based, as then you can use both AppleScripts and JavaScripts... I am pretty sure that one of the scripts below has the option to place via the crop box:

Prepression: Scripting

Hope this helps,

Stephen Marsh

I think that the script uses the box last used in the import options dialog .

You can check that by making a small single page test pdf and placing it in an InDesign page with show import options checked. In the import options dialog select the box you want to use and place the pdf.

Next delete the placed test pdf, which served the purpose of setting the box choice in the import options dialogue. Now proceed to use the script to place your multipage pdf.

Let us know if that worked for you.

Al

This is the line that controls the box that is imported.
app.pdfPlacePreferences.pdfCrop = PDFCrop.cropMedia; (imports the media box).

Change this line with the one that fits your needs.

app.pdfPlacePreferences.pdfCrop = PDFCrop.cropBleed; (imports the bleed box).
app.pdfPlacePreferences.pdfCrop = PDFCrop.cropTrim; (imports the trim box).

Hope this helps,
Tim_B

That may well be in some version of the scripts that ship with some version of InDesign.

But I have Id CS3 and have searched the installed AppleScript "PlaceMultipagePDF.applescript" for the line

"app.pdfPlacePreferences.pdfCrop = PDFCrop.cropMedia" (copied from your post)

using TextWrangler but could not find it.

Which version of ID are you referring to and which script?

Al

Last edited:
Attached are screen caps of from the AppleScript that I listed earlier:

place-pdf-1.jpg

place-pdf-2.jpg

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back