Changing bearings on water form roller

I need to change the bearings on a water form roller (unit 1) of a QM-46-2. Any suggestions on how I can take this roller apart?.........A new roller costs in the area of 800.00 and of course I would rather find a more economical way to salvage my roller.

Re: Changing bearings on water form roller

Buy a bearing puller from an auto shop. Take the roller with you to get the correct size puller.

Re: Changing bearings on water form roller

I have tried this with some success but i cant remember the configuration on the qm46-2. Find a metal rod (brass preferably) that will fit through the hole in the bearing. Rod should be no more than about six inches long. let the rod fall into the roller. Now shake it up and down vigorously and the rod should knock the bearings out. Usually there is no damage to the bearing.

Contact Acorn ROllers in Chicago and get a form from them. They are much cheaper and use Westlands ink compond. Westland rollers are made in Germany and have all but Replaced Bottcher as Heidelbergs roller supplier. A gear puller is a must for replacing bearings but the Acorn rollers will come with the bearings pre-pressed onto the shaft. If that doesn't work. Call Rotadyne Rollers and get one from them. I think they sell litho rollers for small presses.

Todd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back