chinese printers

geelongsigns

I have been researching a particular business and their printers for about 3 months now and intend to import one of their printers into Australia. The company is Sanyi Technology and the printer is a SinoColor Storm SJ-740. I am totally aware that for $7500US I am not getting a Roland or Mimaki etc.
I have been trying to find out if anyone has any experience with any chinese made machines, Please do not post back with comments like " I would be wary" etc, which is of no help at all, I am wanting feedback from anyone who has actually had experience with them.
The printer in question is an eco solvent running 2 epson dx7 heads @1.8m wide. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Attachments

• DSC_0819.jpg
    DSC_0819.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 261
Hi, I'm Ahmed Samy from Egypt where Chinese printers are very very popular, but that is only because of the very low investment you need to obtain one.
I run 2 HP Z6100, HP 9000, Mutoh Spitfire & Mutoh VJ1624. I was seduced to buy 2 Chinese printers due to their low price and very cheap ink, one was 320cm equipped with 8 Seiko print heads and the other was 180cm equipped with 1 Epson DX5 print head.

The 320 was a disaster, you need to adjust the PF (stepping) more than 2 or 3 times during the same file, PF has to be changed manually for every print mode, the bi direction difference has to be changed also for every print mode, software is very poor and unstable, I have to replace 2 solenoids and a pump within the first 6 month, very low quality electronics, motors and belt, unstable overall, sometimes you need to shut down and restart to stop that ghost behavior, same applies to the the 180cm with Epson head, in addition to the very low print quality compared to Mutoh in much less resolution printing modes, totally useless rip software.
Bottom line, I keep my other printers printing overnight, I have to keep an eye on the Chinese ones.
5 years passed by my other printers, and it is still productive and dependable, less than a year passed by the Chinese and it needs replacement. Better to get a Mutoh or HP for 22,000 or so and forget it for 5 years than pay 7,500 for something that doesn't really worth 2,500 and have problems every day for five years.
Last thing, I don't really believe they are fitting DX7, I think it's DX5

Thanks Ahmed, Very usefull information and much appreciated. I will not be purchasing the chinese model and instead looking for a Mutoh. Regards, Brad.

i am working in a printing service company in Nanning China ,i hanve 4 mutohs,wide all less than 160cm and use soivent ink.2 Infiinti fy-3208ha,they made in China.in my experience,these chineseprinters equipped with Seiko print heads had been mature in technique since 2012.At th Canton expo,a lot of machines sold to Africa ,south Asia .the price about $10000US .sorry ,my english not so good.

my name is george shang .my skype:geore.shang3.i want to get off with more friends who working in this field.i had be told the price of ptinting service in Austrlia very expensive,isn't it?if anyone want to printing information in China,contact me

One thing to mention, I can leave the Mutoh printing a full 50m roll of vehicle wraps and go home, while I can't leave my FY3208H 10 minutes without watching over it.

yes ,i share the same feeling.because the weight of material they use are different.the 3.2m wide material is wight more than 1.6m.but i found many 3.2m machines adopted a more advanced material convey system at the Canton expo this year.by th way ,what price is rhe wide 1.5m,lenth 50m roll of vehicle wraps in Australia?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back