Cips

Nick Danger

Anyone here familiar with CIPS?

We identify our CIPS files by our imposition name.

I am looking at automating a few things in Prinergy.

Presently our workflow is that we write impositions 1 form at a time, import and type in sig identifier(s).

I would like to start bringing in multiple sig impositions. The file that comes in has the imposition name at top and within its hierarchy it's labeled as: Signature 1:1, Signature 2:2, etc...

The problem is that CIPS only recognizes the imposition name and thus will overwrite the existing file...

How do I change the naming to include sig number...or change the protocol in CIPS to look for something different...

Thanks...

Nd

You can change the file name - we currently use
"%job%!%imposition<10>%.%signature%.W%sheet%AB.ppf"

Which in Turn is the job name (Number), imposition name (limited to 10 characters), the sig number, W Sheet is for Web 1 or Web 2.

This is in your process template under Printlink/File Name template - you must check the custom file name box there as well.

You can change the file name - we currently use
"%job%!%imposition<10>%.%signature%.W%sheet%AB.ppf"

Which in Turn is the job name (Number), imposition name (limited to 10 characters), the sig number, W Sheet is for Web 1 or Web 2.

This is in your process template under Printlink/File Name template - you must check the custom file name box there as well.

JJ, thanks for the reply... Looks promising. My next question is:

Is there a list of variables that I can pull from? I have one for Marks...would this be the same list?

Thanks again,

Nd

Go to the help and do a search of Variable Marks. One of the things that pops up is "List of Variable Marks"

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back