Color matching between Indigo and offset

sornchai

My local HP Indigo 5500 agent created 39l , 47l profile but my jobs used many kinds of paper such as Antallis paper . When we printed proof on Toccata paper for offset matching. Why I can't use same ink density for both Indigo and offset ? Thank you for recomendations

Density only measures ink thickness, not color. Additionally color is effected by substrate color. I would guess that if you measured your solid ink patches using a spectrophotometer you would find out that the same densities printed on your offset press and your indigo are not close in Lab values, therefore they are not close in color.

ICC profiles, either from Fogra or GRACoL, reference a white point for the substrate. If you paper fits into that general type of paper (gloss coated, dull/matte, uncoated, which effect SID & TVI) and has similar CIE Lab for whiteness (dE<3), then that profile should be close.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back