Comdoc

buckeyewta

Does anyone on here have contracts with Comdoc? How are they to work with? We are about a year into a contract and are having all kinds of issues the last few months. Wodering if we are the only ones???

I've only worked with the sales people because they are trying to sell me a machine. Can you elaborate on the problems you are having. Maybe someone can help with if they had more detail on the problem or at least it could help others avoid the same problems.

We are about 14 months into a 63 month lease with service contract. About the first 11 months were good. Now it seems they are doing everything they can to make life miserable. First they say our toner usage is way over the roof and they will charge extra for toners. So they put supplies and service on hold while they investigate. We talked to them for a couple days and they seemingly dropped that. Next our high cap tray went out so they wanted to charge me $1200 plus $150 per hr for labor to fix that. I told them we have a service contract that includes parts and labor and there is no way I will pay for parts and labor. So the we finally get that fixed after more than a month of messing around deciding what they were gonna do. Now they are back on me again about toner usage. Last I heard they were pretty sure they were gonna drop the service contract. Am still waiting to hear back on toner pricing etc if they do drop the contract. Seemingly they can drop contracts whenever they feel like it but you are still stuck in the lease. The sales rep pretty much promised me everything we asked for when we signed the contract. Now he won't even pick up the phone or return my emails. The 2-4 hr service time we were promised has gone to as long as 3-4 days a couple times before a tech even came out. If you are doing any production at all DO NOT SIGN WITH THEM.

I had a similar situation with a konica dealer. They dropped our service 3 years into a 5 year lease. We are just finishing paying the lease while the machine sat around not being used for 2 years. I haven't seen anything in writing yet but the comdoc sales guy said the leases come through comdoc so if you don't get service you don't pay the lease. I don't know that I believe hime but that's what I was told when I asked. Is your lease and your service one bill? If not does you lease bill come from comdoc or someone else?

I had a similar situation with a konica dealer. They dropped our service 3 years into a 5 year lease. We are just finishing paying the lease while the machine sat around not being used for 2 years. I haven't seen anything in writing yet but the comdoc sales guy said the leases come through comdoc so if you don't get service you don't pay the lease. I don't know that I believe hime but that's what I was told when I asked. Is your lease and your service one bill? If not does you lease bill come from comdoc or someone else?

We pay for the lease and service contract on one statement and the click charges on another. Both get made out to Comdoc. I did ask about getting out of the lease since it appears to be in house financing. They say it is a third party lease and there is no way out. The check just gets made out to Comdoc to protect the third party. I don't buy into this. Do not believe anything the sales rep tells you. Mine flat out lied to me more than one time when we signed the contract.

Last edited:
If everything goes to Comdoc and they want to drop the service contract it seems like you have a good chance of getting out of the lease. If that's the case you can go get a new machine from someone else. That's the way the sales rep made it sound to me but I would read all your paperwork to make sure there isn't something in there that says different.

They have wording that says if you miss a payment you are in default of the lease and will be required to return the machine and immediately pay the remaining payments plus all their legal expenses. We will be talking to an attorney before we sign anything but it looks like the only option at this point is to remove service, shove the machine into the back corner, make the remaining payments and move on.

You can try to get out of it. Maybe miss a couple payments and when they call you tell them they aren't keeping up with their end of the contract. Another option might be to contact xerox direct and get them to take over service on the machine.

We are looking into switching the contract to Xerox Direct. I assume their rate will be high since they did not sell the machine.

Xerox does own comdoc. Just remind them of that and the fact that how they handle this will play a role if future purchases. It probably will be higher but I bet it won't be extreme. What machine and volume do you have?

Not yet. I do have an attorney reviewing the contracts. I will post the the outcome once we figure out what to do.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back