complicated design

OSS

Can anyone tell me that what is the easiest way to reciprocate/duplicate the attached image/background...

the overlapping is different with each box its not uniform..

regards

Attachments

• design.jpg
    design.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
I would bring it into Photoshop at 300 ppi. Copy the layer onto a new layer, position it by using the opacity. You may need to position one on top partially to get what you need, but you can work your way across and down for the amount you need. If you need a really large version, you can flatten it at some point, and then copy the larger one, and then duplicate from that across and down.

If it is vectored art, and you want it to stay that way, you can do the much the same in Illustrator ("raw" manipulation) or InDesign - placed as art. Both have transparency to help with positioning. Just remember to turn off the transparency when all is in place. Perhaps flipping alternate copies either vertical or horizontal would help. If there is no internal pattern to the overlaps, flipping would help minimize the appearance of a new pattern; rotating the art 180 degrees might to the same. Probably would still need to fuss with edge alignments.

If you want the pattern to be made of vector objects, I would avoid explicitly duplicating the objects, unless you would end up with less than 1,000 separate paths. This can cause trouble with rendering. You can define a pattern swatch with Illustrator, then fill a large rectangle with the pattern.

If you do it in Photoshop, the easiest way is probably to exactly select the repeating rectangular area, then choose Edit > Define Pattern. After that, you can select a larger area or the entire canvas, then Edit > Fill with the saved pattern.

Here you go OSS. I was going to explain it but figured it would take more time to explain then to just build it quick. Vector build with pattern swatch and pattern fill applied. You may have to tweak colors but should at least put you in the right direction.

Attachments

• pattern.ai.zip
    74.6 KB · Views: 168

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back