Converting images to gray but leaving everything else alone?

john_eric

I am using Switch with the Pitstop Server module and trying to convert color pdf files to grayscale.

We have had color management off and been getting away with printing dark images.
I turned on color management on today and using a different (gray 2.2) grey profile which seems to work fine…
EXCEPT now all of the type in my pdf file does not stay as black even when I check "off" for color management for other objects.
The "out of the box" action list from enfocus "Convert color to gray and keep black text" does not work with the color management option turned on either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Using PitStop Pro 12 and the “use settings from Acrobat” option for colour management, the original solid K text remains solid after the conversion to greyscale using this action list.

Stephen Marsh

Hi John
Just to clarify what you are looking, are you looking for how to turn CMYK files to grey, or are you looking for a way to convert images to greyscale and leave the rest of the file as is?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back