Creating pads

Manassasralph

I am using a Canon 7095 with a EFI Fiery rip.

I would like to print 100 pads, 50 sheets each. All sheets are the same.

Does anyone know how to do this by sending a single page, X 5000 sheets, inserting a slip sheet every 100?

ManassasRalph

There are two options for pads.

(1) You will have to make file that is the same thing but 100 pages. All pages will need to be combined in one PDF. Then set it print 50 times. It will then print the first one the when it print the next it will stack it offset to the left, then the next will be offset to the right. So it will already be separated for you.
(2) at you paper supplier they sell a tool that looks like a dull rounded spade/knife with a guide on it. Kelly Paper and Expedex both sell them and I am sure online too. It is used to quickly measure out stacks of paper. you just set it to the width of 25,50 or 100 sheets and stick into your stacks and go. Its really easy.

We use both methods depending on the size of the job. A really big run..it would be faster to use the knife method. Because the time that the machine take to move or reset for each offset stack will add up on a big run.

Feel free to email with any questions,
Red Line Design and Printing Las Vegas, Same Day Printing, redlinelv.com
Red Line Design and Printing

More information; I just found under "additional functions" page 5/8 "job separator between copies". This will let me insert a separator sheet at an interval I select (example, 50 sheets per pad). I can then copy off the glass one original, input 5000 copies, and I have my pads from one original.

Now, does anyone know how to get the Fiery to do the same thing?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back