Creo Lotem 400, Focus motor problem

DrHarryGr

Hello
The problem is that the motor stops and it doesn't move.
The problem it is not permanent.
The problem it happens very often.

When i give order to motor to go in home position (or in any position) from the "focus motor monitor window", the motor try to rotate (i feel the shaking) but stops after about 1 second.
I change the motor with new one ...nothing change.
I change the 2 photochells on focus motor ...nothing change.
I thing the broblem is in the Local 3 board where the motor drivers are.

Any idea?
Thanks
Harry

Try and swap between the Local3 boards.

Hello
The problem is that the motor stops and it doesn't move.
The problem it is not permanent.
The problem it happens very often.

When i give order to motor to go in home position (or in any position) from the "focus motor monitor window", the motor try to rotate (i feel the shaking) but stops after about 1 second.
I change the motor with new one ...nothing change.
I change the 2 photochells on focus motor ...nothing change.
I thing the broblem is in the Local 3 board where the motor drivers are.

Any idea?
Thanks
Harry

Hello PACH
Thank you for your answer.
the problem is where i can find the local3 board...
any idea?

thank you
Harry

I am afraid there is only one Local3 board in your Lotem. You will need to try and get a replacement to see if this is your problem. Does the focus motor go to the end position from Home Pos?

Hi
It is a manual feed

The Board details are:
Name: Local CNTRLR 3
PWB#188A2L658B
CAT#503C2L658S

Harry

Hi Pach
Yes it is only one board.
The motor (when it works) it does the movements fine.
I can move the focus from the software, many times with no problem (go home position, goto to 300, go home again...) and is accurate too.
But other times stops and does what i explain in my 1rst post.

Thanks
Harry

Harry,
I presume that you are using 0.3 and 0.15 plates. If you would use only one size thickness plates you could set the Focus motor to it's position and switch it off in Registry.

Hi Pach
Yes it is only one board.
The motor (when it works) it does the movements fine.
I can move the focus from the software, many times with no problem (go home position, goto to 300, go home again...) and is accurate too.
But other times stops and does what i explain in my 1rst post.

Thanks
Harry

I am afraid I can not remember but there is an easy way to find it. Go into Regedit and go down as far as Lotem and do a search for Focus . You should find the motor and turn it off by changing the Value from 1 to 0 and save. Good luck. But do this only when you are sure that the Focus motor is in it's correct position for your plate. Good luck.

THIS IS GREAT IDEA!!!
Can you please tell me where in registry i find this option.

Thank you very much!!
Harry

Thanks Pach
By doin this means that the lotem will not try to see if the focus is in position for edge detection and the plate write. correct?

Harry

When you calibrate the Focus on a Lotem400 and you put in the value, this will be always the same for instance a 0.3 plate. The only time will have to move to Refocus automatically using the software is when you expose a 0.15 plate.

Thanks Pach
By doin this means that the lotem will not try to see if the focus is in position for edge detection and the plate write. correct?

Harry

Hi Pach
I try that with the focus motor disable from the registry and this is what it happen.
When the software starts (when the image with the lotems is on the front) the software tries to find some home positions including the focus. The focus motor it is not move (because of the problem) and the software stops-stack there forever...
I have to turn the focus motor by hand to pass this step...

Thanks
Harry

Harry,

Maybe you switched it off in the wrong place. Look for focus maybe and not focus motor.
Hi Pach
I try that with the focus motor disable from the registry and this is what it happen.
When the software starts (when the image with the lotems is on the front) the software tries to find some home positions including the focus. The focus motor it is not move (because of the problem) and the software stops-stack there forever...
I have to turn the focus motor by hand to pass this step...

Thanks
Harry

Hi Pach
I will try tomorrow morning. But i'm quite sure i search with the keyword "focus" and before i change the 1 to 0 i see all the registry records with the keyword focus.

Thank you very much for your time and the sharing of your knowledge!!

Harry

Try and go to Expose System........Focus System

Hi Pach
I will try tomorrow morning. But i'm quite sure i search with the keyword "focus" and before i change the 1 to 0 i see all the registry records with the keyword focus.

Thank you very much for your time and the sharing of your knowledge!!

Harry

Hi Pach
The only Focus related "general" option in registry, is the Focus Motor Enable.
There is not any record for "Focus System"
Attached the registry screen.

lotem400_registry.jpg

Thanks
Harry

You are correct. What I said you can do on the Lotem800 where there is no Edge Detection, so here you can not switch off the focus motor if you are using edge detection. Try this if you are using B2 plates. Set your Focus motor to the one that you know you found and turn off Edge detection, set Plate edge detection to 0. Have a go.

Hi Pach
The only Focus related "general" option in registry, is the Focus Motor Enable.
There is not any record for "Focus System"
Attached the registry screen.

View attachment 3722

Thanks
Harry

Hi Pach
I can't work with out edge detection because the lotem have not punch system, so without edge detection there is not correct registration.

Thanks
Harry

Try it for one job and see if it works, otherwise back to planA, Local3 replacement might help.

Hi Pach
I can't work with out edge detection because the lotem have not punch system, so without edge detection there is not correct registration.

Thanks
Harry

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back