CS5 Compatiblity Issue with Prinergy 4.2

amybest222

Is any one else experiencing this
PDF out of CS5 Indesign , rips with APPE still using 4.2 unflattened leave as is option.
Workshop 4.2 is intalled on G5 (non Intel) with both Acrobat Pro 8 and 9 installed.
Open the pdf in Acrobat 9 and the artwork (some vector rings with transperancy) are there.. but in Acrobat 8 they are missing .. 12 other lots rip with no problem.. Missing on the VPS and the thumbnail preview.. Kodak said its a compatbility issue with CS5. ANY feedback would be appreciated. Pdf generated from a newer Intel Quad -Core MacPro..
I

I've got Acrobat 9 (intel-imac 10.5), and 8 and 7 (on a PPC 10.4). I'm running Prinergy 5.0.3.2.1

I've seen one or two PDFs that display differently, but only one where the VPS matched the incorrect Acrobat 7 and 8. I never got around to trying to output that one to plate what happens to yours? does it match the pdf or the VPS?

I've seen quite a few go wrong when we use Acrobat's Optimizer to make a lo-res PDF to email, I've noticed that PDF's from Prinergy are tagged as v1.3 even though they have live transparency, I wonder if this confuses Acrobat.

Kodak told me its a compatability issue within Prinergy 4 in acrobat 8 missing elements in 9 they are not. so by default my workshop computer opens in 9- so you think nothing is wrong.. untill your are checking your vps.. heres the file Kodak says it rips fine ( same file ) on Prinergy Link: files.me.com/amybest.mac/i85gnh
also do you know if i can run 4 on snow leopard? thanks

I can confirm it behaves the same on my set up.

I've got Acrobat 9 (intel-imac 10.5), and 8 and 7 (on a PPC 10.4). I'm running Prinergy 5.0.3.2.1

It views differently in Acrobat 9, (probably how its intended to look) both before and after refining.
I tried outputting a cyan plate and that matches how it looks in Acrobat 8, wrong!
VPS and convert to TIFF both look wrong too.

I'm guessing it has something to do with Nchannel interacting with cmyk. I remember being told that Prinergy (it was 4 at the time) couldn't cope with Spot Colour, Overprint and Transparent all at the same time, also I think I remember being told that Acrobat's Nchannel handling differed between v1.6 and v1.7 PDFs, maybe tweaked again with Acrobat 9?

Have you asked anyone at Adobe what's going on?

I also added the file I mentioned above, to the test plate, its a different problem but that too matched the VPS and not what I'm seeing in Acrobat 9. My problem file has a chunk of text that renders the characters as Rectangles with a ? in the middle. Fortunately someone in the checking procedures saw this in Acrobat 8 and queried it, I was able to convert to outlines using Pitstop in Acrobat 9 but its really worrying.

Thanks

Thanks

Very interesting about Pinergy 4.2 not being able to handle transparancy, spot color and OP at the same time... Its just weir and frustrating when this happened was on the third shift.. Koday says print to PS ( I refuse) but this happened when doing that also.. need to hit up Adobe youre right thanks
Waiting to upgrade now to 5

I tried your file on Prinergy 5.1.2.2. The refined file displays wrong in Acrobat 8 and displays correctly in Acrobat 9. It outputs to VPS, PDF, and one-bit screened tif correctly as it shows in Acrobat 9.

Yes you can but you need to copy the Araxi Preps folder to something like Araxi Preps5 on your client machine or the installer will install Preps 6 in the Araxi Preps folder and overwrite Preps 5 or uncheck the option to install Preps when updating the client and it will leave Preps 5 undisturbed.

1. We are using Preps 5.3.3 on prinergy 5.1.2.3. (you can choose to install Preps6 or 5 on het workstation when upgrading the Prinergy Workshop to 5.1.2.3)
2. The link to the testfile is dead...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back