Customer Expectation Document

TypeHi

I've seen CED links/downloads in this bulletin board but can't find now. If anyone can post a pdf download for me to examine I sure would be appreciative.
PS Looking to finalize KM5501 deal (but any input would be helpful as this is first foray to digital production)

I need help regarding Xerox 700 Customer Expectation Document, I really not sure what should be included in the CED:confused:, should they include machine capability like print speed for different paper size and weight, paper format like min size, max size, max printable area, front to back registration etc. :confused:

Xerox sales just passed me a CED, but it only state what is included in the machine, like very simple specification: machine size, processor, system memory,; some options to consider etc. Totally no Technical Specification.:(

Can some one let me know what I should expect in CED. Aprreciate if some 700 owner can share on this. Thanks in advance:)

YES!:D I found it on Xerox 700 or Docucolour 5000 thread. Thanks matnic.

one question: in CED stated:

Printing registration specifications are ±1.0 mm for front to back registration (all paper trays except MSI).

can anyone tell me what is MSI?:confused:

Thanks....

Sorry Jason I do not know what the MSI is.

I would contact your Xerox rep and show him/her the CED you pulled off the web and tell him/her that this is the document that he/she NEEDS to provide you. It is not something that should be kept a secret from you, after all you are the one shelling out the cash!!!

Thanks Craig,

I managed to find out from one website selling 700 stating MSI = Multi Sheet Imposer. but i still do not know what is it.:confused:

As I will be using it to print business cards, am i correct to say if i use 250gsm card using bypass tray to print on one side only, the registration is +/- 0.5mm?

sorry Craig, one more question, we find that the toner on the card came out relatively easier when we scratch it as compared to our old DC 12. It is norm?:(

Thanks advance for your kind reply:)

Janson,
I don't have a 700 I have an 8000AP, I can't help you with the toner coming off. I just don't think it would be "normal" in my opinion. As far as registration the CED is the "Bible" when it come to what the machine will and will not do. If it states .05mm than that is what you should get. If it's not doing that, then Xerox is obligated to make it happen.

Thanks Craig & X33, I realised they only give me CED for print server only not the 700 itself. Will chase after Xerox for that.

Hello Criag
In England, Europe we have never had CED's availble. As I am going to litigation with a digital press vendor. Such a document or a template would be very usefull. Can you Help.
Thanks
Les S

Hello Janson
msi
i meaning
inserter
imposer
or in the old days(4635) interposser, the dynamic or manual programming of a selected number of pre printed sheets?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back