Cutter/slitter/creaser

Hi everyone.
I'm looking into getting 1 of these finishing machine and I would like to get more informations from a user, if there's one around here.
- Therm-o-Type, ZIP A3 family
- Duplo DC-615
- MBM Aerocut
I had a demo on the Aerocut and it surely got my attention, for a small 2 guys shop but it seams to be the most expensive.
It did have more option but is it worth it ?
It would be mostly for finishing bus. cards but also scoring cover, greeting cards and post cards.
Thanks.
Danny.

We have been using the duplo now for about 6 months and it is a great machine. As long as your format is small enough for the machine. Once the programs are made and you follow the template it works great. Running Business cards on offset with a lot of coverage works well because it is only doing one sheet at a time and reduces set off from cutter clamp and blade pressure. We also like the score it produces for greeting cards.

We have been using the duplo now for about 6 months and it is a great machine. As long as your format is small enough for the machine. Once the programs are made and you follow the template it works great. Running Business cards on offset with a lot of coverage works well because it is only doing one sheet at a time and reduces set off from cutter clamp and blade pressure. We also like the score it produces for greeting cards.
Thanks for the quik reply.
What I worry about is the thickness
Most of the cards I do are on 14 pt card stock + 1.7 mil laminating on both sides so, I get to almost 18 pt thick.

Hi,

We are also looking into automatic slitting creasing machines. We are looking into the Morgana CardXtra. Maybe it's not fast enough for you, but I think it is worth a look. It's also way cheaper than the Duplo, but you can buy more than 1 machine and still come out cheaper overall.

Hi,

We are also looking into automatic slitting creasing machines. We are looking into the Morgana CardXtra. Maybe it's not fast enough for you, but I think it is worth a look. It's also way cheaper than the Duplo, but you can buy more than 1 machine and still come out cheaper overall.

Thanks for the tip.
I'm just looking at the price and it is very attractive but, will it do other stuff than bus. cards?
it's not 1/2 price from the Duplo but it is 1/2 of the Aerocut.
Danny.

Yes it can, but from what we understand, it needs different set of cutters for each type of job. Therefore, yes, it is quite restrictive. But you will have to ask yourself what will you be using it for ? Other than 10 up type of work, business cards playing cards, maybe tickets, I don't see what else for. At 4up, a guillotine will be quicker in practice.

If for example, the Duplo or another machine, can cut different sized postcards from one sheet to another, without intervention ( from what I saw there was a barcode printed on the sheet ), than the extra money is definatelly worth it. If it would be working reliably for this, than it would be a dream.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back