Cutting thick card stock

Hadrian

What type of tool can I use to cut thick business cards (200lb cover/24pt)? My business card slitter wont go through it.

Thanks

If you buy is little paper cutter like Baum, your thick card stock becomes the easy material to be cut.
Maybe there is second hand machine available.

Buntpapier

Yes, this is right Triumph is made by IDEAL in Germany. Like BAUM is made by POLAR in Germany.
The difference in price is big, but the difference in live time is even bigger. You can easy identify this by checking second hand prices.

Anyhow, if you buy a cutter it should have an adjustable clamp pressure value. If you cannot regulate the clamp pressure you cannot cut small pieces like one pile of business cards. The clamp pressure is in this case too high and the paper is smashed. And for big pieces the clamp pressure may not be enough. Average is just average.

Buntpapier

I would find a local printer who has a guillotine cutter and have them trim the job.

Or if you do want to buy one let me know. We have a used Challenge 305 MCPB cutter we would be willing to sell for a couple grand. They are cast iron, heavy and shipping could be costly; we're in upstate NY.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back