Cylinder repair - Kansas City

chvl72

Have some dings in chrome cylinder that I need to have repaired. My understanding is that patching on chrome is a very specialized process. Would appreciate anyone who could give me a lead on someone who does this type of work in the Kansas City area. Thanks.

Dalcan Services Limited
221 Barton Street,
Stoney Creek,
Ontario, Canada L8E 2K3
905-522-1010
Don't know anyone in your area but theses guys do excellent work and travel all over the world.
They are professional engineers and know exactly what they are doing. When they finish you will have to pull dry solids and you cannot tell where they were working.
Give them a call.

You want to make sure you use electroplating otherwise rust is a problem. You can check with IGS 630-562-2108 as for John Green they do a god job.

We had some damage in the chrome cylinders of a small duplicator repaired by Brodie System in Linden, NJ. The repair was done in press by spray metalizzing with stainless steel. They are one of the big names in press cylinder repair. The repaired area works perfectly.

ive done temporary repairs on cylinders using a good 2 part epoxy. i use an emory cloth to scuff up the area surrounding a ding. then i used some acetone based solvent or even better some isopropyl alcohol to completey remove any traces of oil or grease from area to be patched. then i apply the mixed 2 part epoxy on the affected area and allow to harden over the weekend if possible. first thing monday morning i slowly wet sand down the patched area to carefully match the height and contours of the affected cylinder. the larger around the cylinder the easier it is to match the contours. ive had these careful repairs last over a year!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back