DC12 drum in a DC2060

GusG

On two different websites I've seen the drum unit no. 557 for sale advertised as fitting the DC12 as well as the DC2060 (and the DC2045, DC5252 and DC50). So I went and bought one locally for my DC2060. It looks quite different, isn't even the same width and certainly doesn't seem to fit.
What am I missing here?

On two different websites I've seen the drum unit no. 557 for sale advertised as fitting the DC12 as well as the DC2060 (and the DC2045, DC5252 and DC50). So I went and bought one locally for my DC2060. It looks quite different, isn't even the same width and certainly doesn't seem to fit.
What am I missing here?

The DC12 and the DC50 are essentially the same machine. The 5252 and 2045 are production color products that were massive in size. Best guess would be that there is no way they use the same drums.

what kind of websites are those?

DC12 and DC20xx are totally different.

you need to get your money back

I didn't buy from any of these sites but the guy I did get it from has promised he'll take it back and has ordered the right one for me. I was the one who insisted he sell me the drum against his better judgement, just because I had seen it on these sites.

Here in Uganda I can't get Xerox to do a FSMA on my old DC2060 so we just have a maintenance contract that covers labour. I can buy the needed bits from the local Xerox people but they are very expensive and rarely in stock. Is there any dealer that you guys can recommend that stock these parts at a fair price, i.e. drums, toner, fuser web etc?

I didn't buy from any of these sites but the guy I did get it from has promised he'll take it back and has ordered the right one for me. I was the one who insisted he sell me the drum against his better judgement, just because I had seen it on these sites.

Here in Uganda I can't get Xerox to do a FSMA on my old DC2060 so we just have a maintenance contract that covers labour. I can buy the needed bits from the local Xerox people but they are very expensive and rarely in stock. Is there any dealer that you guys can recommend that stock these parts at a fair price, i.e. drums, toner, fuser web etc?

Are XEROX 2045 parts compatible with 2060?

We`ve got some extra fuser rollers for 2045...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back