Delivery Chain Lube Cycles

Pressmanscooter

My 40" Speedmaster's extended delivery is pumping way too much chain lube. I heard there is a way to change the cycle for this... Anybody know how?

Thanks

Scott

I don't know offhand about the adjustment,but the speedmaster I used to run pumped a fair amout of grease,up to the point where it would drip off the chains up in the delivery.
The only thing I could think of offhand is are you using the correct lube? The monkey snot grease that we use is very thick,I imagine if you were using an aftermarket supplier,that a thinner grease would sling even more.
I know on our CP tronics screen it was set to pump at a preset amount of revolutions,I don't know if that can be changed or not.

We're using Heidelberg chain lube. Also the lube cycle for the chain is displayed in the lubrication screen on CPC, but not adjustable. I have heard that there is a way to do this, but its not as simple as adjusting the the other cycles. Anybody know what that is?

hi there,

om my speedmaster 74 theres a stop tap which can be opened or closed on both sides to reduce the flow, probably not relevent for you though.

Paul

There is a Way to change the Cycles, We had a Person from Heiderlberg change ours, It is done under the Console where the electronics are. Not really sure how it is done, And they will not show you.

On a man roland the delivery greasing is also set under main console by what looks like a timer mechanism. Was located near other similar timers for different functions of the press,trick 4 us was knowing which was which.timers looked obvious numbered face with adjustment hands.good luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back