DeviceN Color space--Zapf Dingbats

CNewcomb

Does anyone have any problems with Zapf Dingbats not showing when using a DeviceN color space out of Quark? Any ideas as to what would cause it to not show? I have eliminated the whole "bad font" theory...

Thank you!!!

I actually JUST NOW ran into this same problem. I don't have a fix yet but if it's Device N causing it I chould be able to get away with not using it for this job. If I find something out I'll post it here.

What version of Quark are you in?
I have been in Q 7.31 for over a year. We use Device N every day. However, we print to ps into a hot folder and then distill.
Probably 90 percent of my files use Zapf. Never had the issue once.

We are in version 6.5

Are you running Leopard? We run Tiger.

Do you use the distill options already provided by Distiller? We do not use Distiller and instead use Instant PDF to create our PDFs. However, Instant PDF does use distiller options in their Que....

I'm beginning to think this is a Quark 6.5 issue--which doesn't suprise me.

I've narrowed my problem down to using DeviceN with Zapf Dingbats (PMS color) not printing. If I change the Zapf Dingbats to black it works....still not a solution though.

I'm running Tiger with Quark 6.52 and haven't found a way around it. I just downloaded the free trial of Quark 8 and am going to upgrade to it. I really like 8 so far and am glad I didn't waste money on 7.

Oh and it seemed to work in Q8. Sorry I didn't get back sooner.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back