Did anyone see any Adobe presence?

Lukas Engqvist

I missed the Adobe CS6 launch tour since I was traveling to Drupa the same day… was expecting to see something from Adobe… if nowhere else at least via other companies, but I didn't see anything? How do we interpret this?

Adobe - About Adobe

If you are concerned with where Adobe is going and what is priorities are read the public documentation they are required to submit to shareholders.

Especially interesting is a look into the strategic positioning...
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations/pdfs/Q1_FY2012_earnings_call_script.pdf

Based upon the way they segment their operations print makes up roughly 5% of their revenues. That excludes the Creative Suite applications but 5% is TINY. Print is not mentioned in their 2012Q1 investor presentations what-so-ever. Reading through it all it is very clear the focus is digital publishing through tablets and the web.

Below is an exert from the report:

Digital Marketing segment revenue in Q1 revenue was $259.9 million, compared to $212.9 million in Q1 fiscal 2011, and $269.8 million last quarter.

Finally, Print and Publishing segment revenue was $55 million, compared to $53.7 million in Q1 fiscal 2011, and $55.1 million last quarter.

We expect Print & Publishing to be relatively flat.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back