We print 400gsm 13x19 sheets 6 up and need to cut/trim sheets, punch 6 hang holes. Are there any automated machines that can combine all steps or should I order a custom cutting die? We only have 2 designs.
What size holes? Are you doing 6 holes in each individual piece, or 1 hole in each?We print 400gsm 13x19 sheets 6 up and need to cut/trim sheets, punch 6 hang holes. Are there any automated machines that can combine all steps or should I order a custom cutting die? We only have 2 designs.
Well if its a delta hang, that will be a die cutter and not a stack drill. cheapest die cutting machine would be a Heidelberg windmill press converted to die cutting. but takes up space and has a learning curve to run. Not easyOne hole each individual piece, its a delta hang hole so package can be placed on peg hooks. Where to buy a stack paper drill with proper die for hang hole? How many sheets can a stack paper drill cut through at one time?
Thanks for help!
Definitely a job for a handfed platen press or a Kluge. You can pick them up cheap, the dies are inexpensive, and 1,000 sheets thru, even 19x13, would be less than an hour, once you have it all set up.Maybe I'm fortunate - I use a local shop that has multiple small Kluge's, and they would die cut 1000 pieces as described for under $50 (die is extra, but it's not an expensive one).
You can still print 13x19 and then cut to an appropriate size for the Kluge to run.
We looked at a similar ("F Mark") Graphtec cutter earlier this year, before opting for a flatbed (Vivid Veloblade).What do you mean more automated cutter?
Originally I was thinking about a die cutter like this:
It looks automated but not sure it can handle 400 gsm. Also, doesn't look industrial enough. I don't mind refilling 50-100 sheets every 30 mins.
Now I am thinking about guillotine cutter but want to cut 15-20+ sheets at a time to get fast throughput (more even better). We have a number of small table top guillotines but they can only cut 1 sheet at a time.
Would you mind sharing about where you landed in terms of price for the Veloblade and then how does it do for speed? It looks like it only does one sheet at a time.We looked at a similar ("F Mark") Graphtec cutter earlier this year, before opting for a flatbed (Vivid Veloblade).
We bought direct from Vivid as an existing Matrix/Omniflow customer and were once again well looked after by Duncan Cross, in securing a price very advantageous to the Duplo alternative (the same physical machine, different badge).Would you mind sharing about where you landed in terms of price for the Veloblade and then how does it do for speed? It looks like it only does one sheet at a time.
I think it would help if you would restart this and tell us what exactly it is your trying to accomplish. I think a lot of us (or me at least) are confused as to what it is you are wanting to produce and how you currently produce it. Here would be a good starting point of things to mention in an initial post for us to better help you.
1. What is the product that you currently produce (size, die cut, paper, digital or offset, etc)? 3x5", 4x6" Heat Seal Blister Cards digital 400gsm
2. How is it currently produced? Litho outsourced / Oki C911dn in house
3. What are the problems with how it is currently produced? Oki C911dn can not print large quantities efficiently currently 360gsm
4. What equipment do you currently have? Minolta C6000, Minolta C6100 with Fiery, Oki C911dn, Challenge HA?? 1970s guillotine cutter with new blade
5. Why are you wanting to bring this in house instead of outsourcing? Faster turn around, cheaper when quantities are less than 25k than offset otherwise equal depending on labor to cut, many products don't need 25k of each card, on demand variable printing
6. What is your budget for equipment to bring it in house? Equipment has been purchased other than cutting equipment, usually buy machines from ebay
This should hopefully give you and us a good starting point on the information we need to better help you find out what you are wanting to do.
FIVE PART SERIES:
Print In the
Eye of the Buyer
Download Free White