Die cutting - Best sheet size VS cost

I have deigned a folding toy theatre where all the parts are printed and die cut out (the theatre surround, background and characters) are set tight onto a A3 finished artwork, I am making different versions of this theatre so I can plan them to be A2 size (2x theatres print and cut at once) or can go up to 4 versions in one run so A1. Any ideas what is the best size to get costs down on printing and die cutting these or would it depend on the print machine the printer has ? ..... Thanks in advance

Sam

I have deigned a folding toy theatre where all the parts are printed and die cut out (the theatre surround, background and characters) are set tight onto a A3 finished artwork, I am making different versions of this theatre so I can plan them to be A2 size (2x theatres print and cut at once) or can go up to 4 versions in one run so A1. Any ideas what is the best size to get costs down on printing and die cutting these or would it depend on the print machine the printer has ? ..... Thanks in advance

Sam
Unfortunately there are too many variables to fit this into a neat little answer. Quantity will be a factor, then it will come down to the providers equipment sizes. If it is small enough and a small enough quantity, it would probably run digitally, but, now you need to consider how thick the substrate is? Most offset presses can only go up to 24 point, some digital presses can go up to that, but not a lot of them. So then you may be looking at offset, which can get costly. Again- Thickness, qty and vendor equipment

Sounds like it might be a complex project. If it’s going to be die cut using a conventional steel rule die, you should get a quote for the die—it could get quite pricey. If it’s a low quantity-go one up if it’s in the millions go multiple up

If I wanted 1000 of this kind of thing attached would this be die cut? ....... I would possibly want 5000 ongoing order but for the first batch to test in the market I dont want too many in case I need to change anything in design via market feedback.
Many Thanks

Attachments

• Cats.jpg
    Cats.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 122
If I wanted 1000 of this kind of thing attached would this be die cut? ....... I would possibly want 5000 ongoing order but for the first batch to test in the market I dont want too many in case I need to change anything in design via market feedback.
Many Thanks
Find someone that has a digital die cutter for the first sample. Then take that to a bindery shop that does die cutting and see if they can produce it. Get estimates from both and go from there.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back