Difference between KM C6000 and C7000?

That is pretty true for most production presses. 1-2 minutes before first sheet isn't unheard of, if you catch it at the right time up to 5 minutes. But these machines where designed to do longer runs where a 5 minute warm up is made back very quickly.

We have near constant 5+ minute wait times, we occasionally get a 1-2 minute wait but that is only a few times a day. Even if u change the machine settings to speed over quality. Our c6000 has mostly 1-2 minute times.

The Ic-601 lets you edit jobs on the touch screen of the copier, Fiery you have to buy a FACI kit running CWS and you still have to use a mouse and keyboard.
if you look at the two feature for feature they are very close, the IC-601 has the ability to talk to the inline densitometers on the RU unit. Fiery doesn't.
The IC-306 has the adobe print engine, which is a big advantage if you use a pdf workflow. Fiery also has freeflow( entry level VDP for free)
Be aware that if you have an all MAC environment the color centro and job centro software only run on PC. Thats not to say you couldn't run it on VMware on a mac..
I find that a lot of times people buy what they are used to. If you had a fiery in the past you will probably buy a another one.

If you already have a 6501 I'm not sure why you would be upgrading to a 6000 or even a 7000. The cost/benefit is not great enough to warrant such a purchase. We have been round and round with this, we have the 6501 as well. The reps will tell you that they are better machines, new technology blah blah blah, but I would say that the differences aren't enough to drop a wad of cash on them, if you are leasing then it could make some sense, but definetly not worth a purchase. The only upgrade path that makes sense to me is to move up to the 8000, where you have the much better air feeding and the ability to maintain speed no matter what the stock, you also have the ability to go upto 350gsm paper, the 6000 and 7000 are limited to 300gsm and the speed slows for heavier or larger stock.

Simple answer: Mileage. We replaced two 6501's with two 6000's. The 6501's had around 6 million 12 x 18 clicks on them and were were at the point of a MINIMUM of one service call a week. Besides the typical PM, we were navigating into more abstract issues such as rollers bulging in the middle due to use, screws falling out due to constant vibration, spring latches that were finally giving away, roller bearings shot, replacing boards, sensors going bad, wear on paper guide relays (yes, I learned paper can actually wear out the surface of plastic), etc...

The benefits of upgrading were immediate. Take the difference in resolution, for example. 600 dpi vs 1200 dpi. Flattening layered PDF transparencies no longer showed evidence of fattened type, although I am not sure if it's because of the Creo front end but having the check boxes active for HQ graphics/type on the IC-304 definitely slowed down production on the 6501's. It's a non issue on the 6000's. Did I mention gradients?

Simple answer: Mileage. We replaced two 6501's with two 6000's. The 6501's had around 6 million 12 x 18 clicks on them and were were at the point of a MINIMUM of one service call a week. Besides the typical PM, we were navigating into more abstract issues such as rollers bulging in the middle due to use, screws falling out due to constant vibration, spring latches that were finally giving away, roller bearings shot, replacing boards, sensors going bad, wear on paper guide relays (yes, I learned paper can actually wear out the surface of plastic), etc...

The benefits of upgrading were immediate. Take the difference in resolution, for example. 600 dpi vs 1200 dpi. Flattening layered PDF transparencies no longer showed evidence of fattened type, although I am not sure if it's because of the Creo front end but having the check boxes active for HQ graphics/type on the IC-304 definitely slowed down production on the 6501's. It's a non issue on the 6000's. Did I mention gradients?

I did some testings on c6000 a few days ago, and difference is obvious. Text is much sharper, gradients much smoother...I run now c6501, and I think I will upgrade to 6000 after few more testings. Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back