Difficulty dialing in InDesign Color

streetsnake

I’m starting to get a bit embarrassed having to ask all these questions.

I’m working on printing a designer‘s file that was created in InDesign. He provided 2 files. He said one was RGB and the other CMYK. Whatever I do, I cannot closely match the image on the screen. Ive taken a few pics and sent to the designer, which he agreed were “off”. As mentioned before, I’m new at having to work with Fiery and designer’s files. What am I missing here? I’ve tried to use embedded settings as well as a ton of other things. The best I’ve been able to come up with is lightening it within Fiery (85%). Ive read and watched a ton of things online but I’ve had no luck. Any education would be appreciated.

To be honest if a "graphic designer" was discussing how something looks on screen versus print I'd be questioning that alone.
Sure just lower the brightness of your screen and they'll match in no time ;)

Once you have your colour profile correctly set in fiery, send the printed samples to the "designer".
If you're unsure test print with one of your own files to make sure you're colour accurate and then their you go.

PS I'm at this decades and still have plenty of stupid questions

Thank you both. So I took the file to a fellow printer today and printed it off. It came out as like it was supposed to look. Any ideas? I tried calibrating again but still no dice. I’m sent some pics of both printouts and the file to where I purchased everything from. Could it be a bad fiery? When I printed it out at the other printer, we just threw it in Fiery and printed it. Nothing special. I’m not sure what I am potentially supposed to change in the settings…not necessarily the color/image tabs but in the server settings, maybe?

Have you a custom colour profile for your stock? Calibrating doesn't mean much if you're calibrating on 80gsm bond and using same profile for 300gsm gloss.

When you say "we just threw it in Fiery and printed it", that's not exactly how it's suppose to work anyway. But obviously something isn't correct on your machine.

Have you a custom colour profile for your stock? Calibrating doesn't mean much if you're calibrating on 80gsm bond and using same profile for 300gsm gloss.

When you say "we just threw it in Fiery and printed it", that's not exactly how it's suppose to work anyway. But obviously something isn't correct on your machine.
I calibrated on the paper I was using.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back