Digital printer suggestions

I am a graphic designer assigned the task to replace our old color printer/copier. Currently we have a Kyocera KM-C2230 with a fiery. Color is an important part of our final needs, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am a graphic designer assigned the task to replace our old color printer/copier. Currently we have a Kyocera KM-C2230 with a fiery. Color is an important part of our final needs, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
The best entry color with Pantone is the Xerox DC242. Rich color and you can look at a creo, bustled fiery, stand alone fiery, or free flow server with color management tools. I have plenty of these in advertising and print shops. 2400X2400 dpi (best in industry)
Please give this a look.

Hello - couple of questions. Do you have requirements for monthly volume or paper stocks? Is your company a marketing or ad agency? What type of work would you be primary doing... flat sheets, saddle-stitched booklets, etc?

We could make better suggestions with some more info, but on the surface Canon's imagePRESS C1+ may fit your needs. This engine utilizes clear toner which allows for designers to simulate a spot varnish to produce comps or proofs for high volume runs. It is the first device of it's kind with this ability in the light production, proofing marketplace. If you are familiar and comfortable with the Fiery from your previous engine, Canon also offers a Fiery front end with this particular engine.

I'm happy to provide more feedback if you have questions, but we'd love to hear more about your needs and what you are looking for.

We are a floor covering company. all of our catalogs are sent out to print services. Primary we photograph a rug and need to be able to print very close colors that match the photograph. We mostly print with 28lb color lazer paper along with 100lb cover stock. Our current copier printer folds and staples for catalog proofs which we will continue to need. Also the copier needs to be able to scan a document and send to an email address.

ANY of the KM Office Products will do what you require.
A KM ONLY feature is the ability to run BOTH the built-in Controller AND the Fiery at the same time. Advantage is that ONLY the Users that require the expert colour of a Fiery need to use/learn it.
ALL KM products come STANDARD with the ability to scan, in fact if you look into it further the options are quite vast.
Also STANDARD on KM Fiery is Spot-On and other options that will give you the professional colour output you require.
All the major manufacturers have a product to fit your needs, take a look at the pricing and what comes STANDARD on the MFP.

Graphic914, sound sliek you have a low volume with the need to have good color. The Ricoh C900 is way out of the ballpark. I've seen lots of C1's. They are okay, very slow though.
I am incline to agree with X33, look at a Xerox 7300 series with a Fiery Controller.

As far as quality and value go. Looking at any production class of machine for your application would be overkill. The 2 machines you should look at are the KM Bizhub C253/Oce Cm2522 with a Fiery or a Workcentre 7328. You will be familiar with the KM product because you are already using a relabeled KM product. The Fuji/Xerox machine has 1200x1200 printing, but only uses 1 bit color. The KM products have a 1800 x 600 dpi, but the key with the KM products is the 8-bit color depth which is the same as their production line. One thing KM does extremely well is that the quality of color is the same on the big iron as it is on the smaller office grade units. In my opinion you will get a better deal and a little better quality with the KM device than you would on the Xerox, and the transition will be easier.

As far as quality and value go. Looking at any production class of machine for your application would be overkill. The 2 machines you should look at are the KM Bizhub C253/Oce Cm2522 with a Fiery or a Workcentre 7328. You will be familiar with the KM product because you are already using a relabeled KM product. The Fuji/Xerox machine has 1200x1200 printing, but only uses 1 bit color. The KM products have a 1800 x 600 dpi, but the key with the KM products is the 8-bit color depth which is the same as their production line. One thing KM does extremely well is that the quality of color is the same on the big iron as it is on the smaller office grade units. In my opinion you will get a better deal and a little better quality with the KM device than you would on the Xerox, and the transition will be easier.
The new product is the 7425. It has 1200X2400 quality and still can use the fiery controller!

I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend. I have heard of Xerox giving away a 7345 or 7445 now, and just charging for the service and supplies. But I only have seen this program marketed to the print for pay market. It sounds like you just do proffing.

Heidelberg Quickmaster di

Heidelberg Quickmaster di

You want to consider the Heidelberg Quickmaster DI press. This is not a copy machine.
It is a digital offset press. It is ideal for for short and long run jobs.
QMDI Press Services
[email protected]
heidelbergqmdiparts.com
201-264-1553

That exactly what they should do - concider a $250k+ DI machine that can only lay flat sheets. In case you did not notice, Mr. DI press, that entire conversation is about should they buy a 15K machine or 25K machine that can scan to Email, copy print and Saddle stitch mostly low to mid volume- proofs, etc.
If what you offerfor consideration is in this price range, we are all will, probobly, consider it, regardless that it can only lay a flat sheed - really who needs a descent color Multifunction machine if you offer a Digital Press in the same price range, I hope...
Did it ever occur to you that having a Press that you offer and need to produce a proof of the booklet that looks like a booklet (dummy proof) you will need a cutter, saddle stitcher with collator and two tower one if booklet os more than 40 pages. They should consider buying a printintig shop to replace their color copier.....

C900s will use the embedded and Fiery simultaneously also. The advantage of this is really not for the printing but if they do want to use the scanner. Scanning with the Fiery is much more complicated. On a production machine usually no one cares about scanning so it's not that big of a deal but on a smaller machine like being discussed here it's nice.

You should really say what volume you want to run.

Xante

Xante

I have been happy w/ my Xante and it's for sale:

Everything you need to start a small or home based print operation. I have been doing exclusively letterhead and envelopes but, am getting out of the printing business.
I have:
-2009 Xante Illumina DEP 4 color digital press, runs most envelopes and other paper stock up to 15pt laser-safe board 18.9"Wx47"L. only 35,000 impressions
-replacement fuser, transfer belt, toner cartridges, and imaging drums.
-Color management software, with job preview, cost analysis, file manipulation, and quality control features.
-2010 Perfect 19" electric guillotine paper cutter.
-5000 sheets of 11x17 #60 Husky offset (enough for 10,000 letterhead)
-5,000 Athens #10 envelopes
-1,000 Western Sulphite #10 envelopes

All you need is a computer and a way to generate templates (I use Adobe CS3), and you are set.
I am willing to negotiate price, but please no low-ballers or scammers.
I am listing photos of the Xante and can send you additional photos if you like.

I have 2 Ricoh Pro C900s for sale. Would fit your needs perfectly. 1 is a Print/Copy/Scan version with only 53,000 impressions (showroom model). Comes with Stapler Finisher, Booklet Finisher, Large Capacity Tray and Fiery for your color needs. 1200 x 1200 dpi extremely good graphics. Asking $55K. I also have a print only version with stapler finisher, large capacity tray, and fiery. Has 1.5 million total impressions (still very low...like 20k miles on a car) Asking $35k.
[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back