Digitally produced NCR sets

thebluesdude

Hi does anyone out there succesfully run NCR sets on a digital machine?
We have a Xerox 5000 and a Xerox 250 and have tried the Xerox ncr papers but the waffle badly and you have to stand at the deilvery to make sure they dont jam. When you put together the books they look like they have been stood in water by the amount of ripples in the sheet.

Ron

I have an Ilumina and a DC252 and both have run NCR for me without a problem. Just recently, I did 100 sets of 2part on the Xerox. It wasn't NCR, though. It was some odd brand of carbonless paper. Normally, I use NCR Xero. What settings do you use to print carbonless?

Digital Carbonless NCR

Digital Carbonless NCR

It is not uncommon for me to hear that many people have issues running NCR paper on digital equipment. It also can add insult to injury because most digital Carbonless is more expensive than standard offset grade (typically because of the capsulation system, brightness of sheets, and digital quality of the base paper used).

I have a solution to your issue, and anyone's issue for that matter. We offer a digital grade Carbonless- 20# paper, black imaging (soy capsulation with grape seed oil and black dye not harmful to your equipment) , at least 30-40% more capsules (than Appleton, Imation, and Excel) for better imaging, 96 brightness, Southern Fibers (which will run more efficiently, jam free, mis-feed/double feed free), a very smooth sheet, and is the only brand available to the market that can be INSTANTLY duplexed with ZERO issues on your equipment. Not only do we guarantee the paper quality (more capsules, better run-ability, etc.), but we also will guarantee your equipment, and any service calls (if any ever arose from use of our sheets). When I say guarantee, I mean 100% money back including out-of-pocket expenses, bindery expenses, service calls, new equipment- everything. You can view a copy of the guarantee certificate attached to this post.

FREE freight to anywhere in the US for complete cases. You can mix different digital NCR and/or offset NCR into the case (even 11", 14", and 17" sizes as well). We are priced 15-30% LOWER than just about every other source, and we are the manufacturers. 100% American made, 100% American sold.

There are a few members of this site who know me personally and that use our offset and digital grade carbonless, not to mention thousands of printers nationally (small, medium, and large volume users). It's the best in the business- I would bet my life on it, and encourage you to utilize it as well.

I can prove your results and I can prove your Return on Investment. We have a special running through the end of this month for any NEW clients:

$2 off per thousand sheets for 1 case purchased (with free shipping), or
$1 off per thousand if 2 cases purchased together (with free shipping).

"The Marine" is the discount code.

http://www.guysepaper.com

Attachments

• digital quality guarantee.pdf
    292.4 KB · Views: 226
NCR can be tricky! I switched to Xerox brand NCR only so our tech wouldn't blame the paper when we had problems but I successfully run about 500k sheets of ncr per month without too many problems.

Our biggest issue is when we try to duplex ncr... that's a whole other problem!

Duplex NCR

Duplex NCR

Billy,

I can provide you with the only NCR paper that can be instantly duplexed with ZERO issues. Although I will say most Carbonless- Our brand, Imation, Appleton, and Excel are very nice paper stocks and should run without issue. However, over the last few years, most paper mills have been attempting to cut costs and unfortunately the base stocks being coated and the fiber refining processes are lacking the quality and reliability we have all grown accustomed to.

Our Digital and Offset grade 20# NCR paper will run at least 25% more efficiently, has 30-40% more capsules for darker and bolder imaging- black imaging- (most of my 4-6 parts can write more boldly than other 2 and 3-parts of other brands), and the paper is guaranteed to perform each and every time. While many brands are good, they don't quite match the quality and reliability of the sheets I provide. My pricing is usually 15-30% LOWER than the sources you may currently use- an added bonus!

I can definitely prove it. We do offer a free sample program and through the end of the month (08/31/09) we offer $2 off per thousand sheets for 1 case with free shipping (freight is ALWAYS free with complete cases, even those mixed with other sizes and products of the same family). We also offer guaranteed NO DAMAGE shipping to anywhere in the US at no extra charge (everything is double boxed, we and our freight carriers guarantee no damage shipping).

Give me a call, or send me an email, and we can start with a free sample ream, or start with some cases that already include normal discounted pricing!

Respectfully,

Thomas Parbs

Attachments

• digital quality guarantee.pdf
    292.4 KB · Views: 253
  • offset quality guarantee.pdf
    182.2 KB · Views: 234
We run Oce 2110's and have also had good luck with Xeroform, but then we tried a new brand called Scotchmark Uniform by Imation. It runs great and we don't have any trouble running the press paper which is much cheaper than the digital. We also have a 252 but have never tried to run ncr on it. You might experiment with the paper settings. Hope this helps.

I run an offset brand NCR on a Canon 110, with pretty good results. Of course it took a while to find the best to do it. My frontend is Powerpress so I run it as 20-30 sheet sets and send it to the stapler. Stacker Always gives me troubles and the small sets allow the stapler to gather the optimum amout with such a iffy stock in a fast printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back