Dirty Gradients on Press

vaugh6288

We recently printed a job that was a re-run from another printer. One of the pages had a gradient from green to yellow across a page. At press we noticed the gradient printed very grainy and was not a smooth transition. I have attached a photo of a sample that was provided to us that was printer with another vendor side-by-side with out printed piece. The artwork was the same as as far as I can tell the paper was the same but for some reason our reproduction was not nearly as smooth as the competitor's.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue before? I feel like it has something to do with our pre-press settings but am open to suggestions from the field.

I apologize if the photo is not able to show the details I am wishing to communicate.

Thank you all!

Attachments

• photo4798.jpg
    photo4798.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 155

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back