Dirty Printing

Vaugh,

Scum Line ! a thin 1/2 mm wide Scum Line should be seen on the leading edge of the plate WHEN ON the press and in production

not when just output from CtP platemaker .

Are you using any Plate Image Control Strips, such as UGRA. these strips SHOW any VISIBLE malfunctions of the CtP imaging systems

Regards, Alois

Last edited:
Hello,

I have been reviewing this conversation and while the photos do not provide enough definition to really see the issues, I will ask the same question as aqazi81, what are you using on the transfer cylinders to prevent marking as the sheets travel over the wet side down transfers. The reason I ask this is in reviewing your comments it could be that the dirty printing and slurring could be caused on these positions. While the Heidelberg metal jackets usually perform satisfactory they do wear out and require replacement, or perhaps changing the packing thickness could solve these problems if you do indeed find the issues are caused at these transfer positions. There are alternatives to the metal jackets such as our ICP Anti-Marking film jackets, which are pre-packed and can be customized to your preference. Visit our website at www.shinoda-usa.com or contact me at 817-886-9250 or [email protected] for more information.

Hope that my information is helpful to you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back