Disposing of waste tanks

Russ_G

I'm wondering what to do with the waste tanks from a Xerox Docucolor 5000. Xerox supports returns of waste toner, but only of specific models, I'm assuming the b&w models only. All of the recycle companies are only interested in cartridges, not the bulk waste tanks. Any ideas appreciated, thanks!

That's where they've been going, the garbage men pull them out and leave them on the dock, guess we'll have to hide them a little better.....

I'd call up your trash disposal company and see if they are in error.

All of our color machines use waste bottles that Xerox doesn't want back, so we dump them without issues. I don't know how the 5000's "diaper" comes to you, but on our machines its a clear plastic bottle with a cap, and we put the used bottle into the ziplock bag that the replacement came in, then put it in our normal trash bags, and out in the dumpster...never had any issues.

If your garbage company doesn't want them then I'd save them for your techs and sales reps and "regift" them...

If you are just throwing the bottles in the dumpster directly though I can see where maybe the garbage guys wouldn't want them like that.

Hide them in a black garbage bag. Personally I don't see why the garbage men are going though your trash, who are they to leave stuff, I could see if it was a tire!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back