Does onprintshop.com work?

crossroads

Hi all, I have been struggling for 6 months to get onprintshop.com to calculate copy prices correctly. running into some other issues as well. I would like to know if any of you had success in running a busy print and copy shop from onprintshop.com web/software? I am trying to decide if I should keep at it or swallow the losses and walk away from onprintshop.com. Any advice?

Hi all, I have been struggling for 6 months to get onprintshop.com to calculate copy prices correctly. running into some other issues as well. I would like to know if any of you had success in running a busy print and copy shop from onprintshop.com web/software? I am trying to decide if I should keep at it or swallow the losses and walk away from onprintshop.com. Any advice?

Have you asked support?
Because they usually find a way to do it.
You also need to be detailed in how you want it to calculate etc.
Im fully aware of the language barrier, but if you're patient enough with them, they are fully committed to getting your problem solved.

Because we've had 0 issues with OPS.
We have some full on calculations with no issues.

Thank you, support is suggesting to add a module for about $1000, but I am wary to keep putting in money whithout seeing a working product. How long have you been using them?

Thank you, support is suggesting to add a module for about $1000, but I am wary to keep putting in money whithout seeing a working product. How long have you been using them?
What module?
what are you trying to do?

Few years now.

When selling color copies we give qty dicounts based on total pages printed, so a file off 100 pages x 5 copies is same price as 500 pages x 1 copy or 1 page x 500 copies, the software will charge 3 different prices. 1x500 pages will be at the most expensive price bracket because qty is 1, etc.

Reactions: Bly
When selling color copies we give qty dicounts based on total pages printed, so a file off 100 pages x 5 copies is same price as 500 pages x 1 copy or 1 page x 500 copies, the software will charge 3 different prices. 1x500 pages will be at the most expensive price bracket because qty is 1, etc.

That one is tricky as i dont think you can adjust the quantity after the calculation with options.
1 way i'd do it is - get the customer to input the total amount of sheets so if it's 100x5. they need to put in 500. and have a option box with "kinds" so 5 kinds. that's what i've seen others do for similar situations.
otherwise.
set the product pricing to 0.
and set a product option to look at quantities and do some math off that and give out a price. i haven't done this calculation before but im sure it's possible.
you might need to make 2 separate options.
1st option would be a pricing one which would be admin only
2nd one would be a "kinds" one where you get it to multiply by the pricing one. as you can make them calculate from other options.

Hope this makes sense.

But trust me. OPS has been the most helpful solution we've used. they are all extremely nice and will try find a solution for you. They've never tried to sell me something i didn't need. Theres times i've enquired about additional services and they tell me that i dont need it etc. And honestly, they're well priced compared to the rest.

Hello! We understand your frustration with the issues you've been facing while using onprintshop.com. If you've been struggling for six months, it might be worth exploring alternative solutions. One service we would suggest considering is Design'N'Buy.

We have a solid reputation in the industry and provide reliable software solutions. Our platform is designed to handle busy print and copy shops. We can provide you with a detailed demo of our software and answer any questions you may have. Additionally, you can also opt for our free trial to experience the benefits firsthand.

Remember, transitioning to a new solution requires careful consideration, but it can also bring significant improvements and efficiencies to your print and copy shop. We wish you the best of luck with your decision-making process, and we hope you find the right solution that meets your needs!

One service we would suggest considering is Design'N'Buy.
Consider posting a price range on your website for your software.
I refuse to even consider companies that don't do this because I can't afford to waste 2-3hrs on the phone with every company or in emails only to find out the software is significantly outside our budget.
A price range might open the door to customers who wouldn't have considered your software because they think it's out of their budget when it isn't and vice-versa.

I refuse to even consider companies that don't do this because I can't afford to waste 2-3hrs on the phone with every company or in emails only to find out the software is significantly outside our budget.
A price range might open the door to customers who wouldn't have considered your software because they think it's out of their budget when it isn't and vice-versa.
This. All I want is a ball park, even if they said it ranges from x to xxxxx then at least I would know if I could even look at it.

This. All I want is a ball park, even if they said it ranges from x to xxxxx then at least I would know if I could even look at it.

none give out pricing except Print science (WP2Print).
OnPrintShop have self guided demos which is neat and others i've looked at dont.
A lot dont give pricing, or demo videos, or even a demo website. You just have to go by their feature list and hope they have a solution, and hope you can afford it.

DesignNBuy was on our list. No demo store or demo videos, so i didn't want to waste my time arranging a meeting when i couldnt even test drive their store (like many others)

While doing that in a price table would be tricky ( a nice word for impossible ) it sure seem like if OPS offered a formula that looked at total sheets in the job - then used THAT to calculate when to apply a price break, that would solve the problem. But you mention they require $1000.00 to 'add a module' - or was that some fee for support?

Seems to be solvable - in our PrintMIS system named PressWise ) we offer different formulas - one can do this by piece price ( think Business cards ) or by pages ( think books ) or by sq ft ( think wide format banners and such )

It is just math

While doing that in a price table would be tricky ( a nice word for impossible ) it sure seem like if OPS offered a formula that looked at total sheets in the job - then used THAT to calculate when to apply a price break, that would solve the problem. But you mention they require $1000.00 to 'add a module' - or was that some fee for support?

Seems to be solvable - in our PrintMIS system named PressWise ) we offer different formulas - one can do this by piece price ( think Business cards ) or by pages ( think books ) or by sq ft ( think wide format banners and such )

It is just math

Addon modules are extra modules... Their service/support is apart of the plan and it's literally second to none.

They offer more specific modules that are not offered in their plans. E.g book module, canvas, photobook, EDDM etc. they're not included in the standard plan. Im under the impression they're offering him the booklet plan as it's designed for similar tasks.

If OP is still reading this.

Set up a product option called "pages" or "copies" that uses a number input
set the formula ({option_textbox_value}*{quantity})*{price}
set the price per page in the pricing for that option.

Leave your product with no pricing.

quantity (pages) (100) X copies = 500.
the calulation should get you a price on the 500 sheets.

That should work.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back