Dolev 800-how to fill film ?

Bojan_Libra

I have Dolev 800, I use Kodak server with Dolev Tiff Expose, i rip files in HQ-7 where i get one bit tiffs than go in hot folder of Dolev Tiff Expose.
My Question is how to fill my maximum film format with many files to save the film ?
Is any special software for that ?
Tnx

Compose Flat OutExpress

Compose Flat OutExpress

Hi,

He have a solution that work with your HQ 7 (I think is a Harlequim) that we capture you PGB file and make the best fit of all your jobs and separation of each jobs to fit the best width and height of your Dolev filmmaker that you determinated.

If you want more information you can connect with us: COMPOSE SYSTEM LIMITED

regards

Lucas Calvo
Account Manager Compose

In the page setup of the harlequin activate feature and choose fill film it will fill the output with whatever you define on media manager and cassette manager

File to try

File to try

I cant select cassette because like device i use TIFF and cassette option is grey, on this link i put file for you to try to put separation beside separation, everything I try didn’t work and I have all extras open, please tray it and let me know what happened.
Tnx
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

use HQN's "Film Saving" extra...

use HQN's "Film Saving" extra...

...you say you have all extras open... activate "film saving" (in the bottom left of the page setup window) and open the Film Saving window (somewhere in the main menus) - there you have to check "track width" and "try to fill" or something like that.

BTW, what is "Dolev TIFF Expose"?? something running on a Mac with fiber or TSP cards? or something running on a PC with TSP card? or a third-party (non-Kodak/Creo/Scitex) thing?

Media Saving

Media Saving

U think on Media Saving ? I try all, and dont work on right way becouse i must define cassett first, i made one bit tiffs and i dont have casset, Dolev TIFF Expose is software that work on PC and he is connection with Dolev, that is Kodak software (CreoScitex).

You need a cassette definition because that means Media Width - and the system could recalculate how to place as many jobs as possible, based on the Drum size and film width.

Yes I know, I wrote it later that I like device have TIFF that means that cassett option is gray, I make one bit tiff files that send over Dolev TIFF Expose to Dolev, I need some solution to put two or more separtions one beside other.

Have you tried to contact the RIP vendor for a possible upgrade to version 8 (dirt cheap from 7) and discuss about in-RIP imposition, it's a fairly easy solution. There are also several post-rip imposition packages you can use. Just a thought.

Hq-8

Hq-8

I also have HQ-8 Navigator same thing happend, from impositiong sofware I use Kodak Preps and Preps Ganging, i need to put separations one beside other, any help ?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back