DoubleProof Manager

RickWhiteman

Anyone using the DoubleProof Manager software any more?

I recently purchased a DoubleProof, and our combination of Rampage and SignaStation imposition is giving it fits. It seems that DoubleProof Manager will help the proofs align correctly, but I'm hesitant to add another step to the proofing process.

What do you think?

-- Rick

Re: DoubleProof Manager

I have Spinjet and I am using Spinjet software out of Rampage RPD. It's a heaven on earth in comparison to crude Rampage control adjustments. DoubleProof is not as good as Spinjet software because you have rotation control only, you don't have skew controls. This is the reason I went for spinjet. I have a dead match which is very uncommon I heard. Don't worry about adding another pc with another software to Rampage. At the moment I do proofing with GMG and double sided printing with SpinFlow. All works great. Good Luck!

If your wanting control of DoubleProof but don't want to use direct output from rampage or DoubleProof Manager, you can use Flipper Software, it can be bought from www.prooftech.ch. It was originally developed for an OEM of the DoubleProof. It also has software adjustment for skew, paper stretch.

Finally got DoubleProof up and running, and its working really well, actually. We cobbled together an old computer to run Windows2000 (that's the latest driver for the dongle), and DoubleProof Manager is actually pretty painless. One thing I've figured out for sure -- better quality paper definitely gives better results as far as how well it backs up. 24# paper with even medium ink coverage shrinks and pulls the registration way off. I'm running a nicer 26# roll now and it's backing up fine. Now I just have my fingers crossed that I don't have skew issues later on...

Rick

By chance, are you driving and HP device using a JetDirect card with DoubleProof Manager? My hard drive with DPM software (on a separate drive than the OS) has crashed. I've re-installed DPM but can't get "Device Utiliies" to recognize my HP through IP. In Device Utilities, what are your "Comms Device" settings. I'll email you a beer & Jäger shot if you can help me (or at least try)

Sorry GinSu, can't help you out with that one. I'm not familiar with the JetDirect card... Thanks for the Jager, though!

That said, I can't say I'm real happy with the way the DoubleProof is working. We're always having paper alignment issues, and the software tends to get confused as to whether a front or a back is running if it craps out mid-job. When it's working, it's a huge time saver. When it's being cranky, forget it.

Thanks Rick. I've got it working, but not quite the way it was configured before.

You can reset the side it's printing by going to the "Recorders & Proofers" (from View window). In the Cassette Attributes tab, click the Reset button. Then you can select which side will print next.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back