Duplo Cutting Help

mr203

Hello,

I have a used Duplo 615 that was previously owned by another shop that had many pre-programmed channels/jobs stored in the machine. For the past couple of years, we have mainly used the stored jobs for production work since the other owner offered the same products and services as my business. The problem our Lab Manager and I are new to digital press services and are clueless about using a setting up new jobs on the Duplo. We get many requests for special jobs, and we turned them down because of the lack of properly setting up the cuts, creases etc. I been looking to possibly upgrade and either get a used Duplo 616 Pro or, even better, a new 618 Pro. I like the software wizard to help set up the job. The question before spending the funds that I don't have is whether there is an online calculator or site or stand-alone software we could use and, for example, put in the paper specs, and it would tell us what to put in the machine. Thanks for any help or guidance you can give us.

I’d start by downloading the instructions and watching some online videos on your 615, then asking specific questions on here. If the machine is processing your existing programmed jobs successfully, unless you need the faster speeds the more recent incarnations offer, I’d be inclined to stick with the machine and get really familiar with it.

I’d start by downloading the instructions and watching some online videos on your 615, then asking specific questions on here. If the machine is processing your existing programmed jobs successfully, unless you need the faster speeds the more recent incarnations offer, I’d be inclined to stick with the machine and get really familiar with it.
Your post implies that you are programming the machine directly, if you could get the pc and software it will be a lot easier.
I have the 645 with pc & software, i wouldn't know where to start programming the machine directly.

Hello,

I have a used Duplo 615 that was previously owned by another shop that had many pre-programmed channels/jobs stored in the machine. For the past couple of years, we have mainly used the stored jobs for production work since the other owner offered the same products and services as my business. The problem our Lab Manager and I are new to digital press services and are clueless about using a setting up new jobs on the Duplo. We get many requests for special jobs, and we turned them down because of the lack of properly setting up the cuts, creases etc. I been looking to possibly upgrade and either get a used Duplo 616 Pro or, even better, a new 618 Pro. I like the software wizard to help set up the job. The question before spending the funds that I don't have is whether there is an online calculator or site or stand-alone software we could use and, for example, put in the paper specs, and it would tell us what to put in the machine. Thanks for any help or guidance you can give us.
did you figure it out??

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back