Duplo DC-445 350gsm?

gazfocus

So I posted a couple of weeks ago about how I managed to kill my Morgana creaser. I replaced it with a used Duplo DC-445 as all the specs I’ve found say it should handle 350gsm card.
I’ve gone to use it for the first time today with 350gsm card and 99% of the sheets jam in the feed roller. It confuses me because when you use the jog buttons, the card moves freely in both directions, but just doesn’t feed through during operation.

I was just wondering whether anyone here has used 350gsm card in a Duplo DC-445. Is there potentially some setting I can fiddle with to get it to feed?

I used to run a Duplo 616 and I recall that there was the option to turn off double sheet detection. The machine may be giving a false reading of double sheets because your media is so thick.

I used to run a Duplo 616 and I recall that there was the option to turn off double sheet detection. The machine may be giving a false reading of double sheets because your media is so thick.
Yes I have a 646 and this definitely can help on thicker stocks.

Duplo 646 here and I've had a lot of false double feeds with 350gsm and I have been unable to crease that thickness, at least for coated media.

Just had another look at the Duplo and despite the manual mentioning the double sheet detection, there doesn’t appear to be that option on this one so I don’t know if it’s an older model :(

Just had another look at the Duplo and despite the manual mentioning the double sheet detection, there doesn’t appear to be that option on this one so I don’t know if it’s an older model :(
@gazfocus , here's a link to a PDF of the manual. It shows how to disable double feed starting on page 29, then scroll down to step "5-7" on pg 30.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back